Blackstar Debut 50R 1x12-Inch 50-Watt Combo Amp in Cream Oxblood
Blackstar’s Debut 50R is a 1 x 12-inch combo that harkens back to the early pre-modeling days of solid-state amplification, boasting a digital-free design and no-nonsense control scheme for instant plug-and-play functionality. The Debut 50R’s 12-inch custom-designed Blackstar speaker, all-analog design, and built-in 2-mode reverb produce shimmering full-range clean tones. However, a swift swap into the MOSFET-enabled overdrive channel unlocks raw, rich, and saturated dirty tones to rival even the most renowned tube amplifiers. What’s more, the Debut 50R comes equipped with a host of utility features, including a line-in for jamming along to practice tracks, a speaker-emulated line-out for silent recording/practice, and power scaling down to five watts to reduce your volume to conversation levels without comprising on your tone. It all adds up to a superior sonic tool that’s all but guaranteed to raise the level of your practice, performance, or recording game!
MOSFET Preamp for Hot Tube-Style Tones
For players who prefer the lush, warm sound of a clean electric guitar, solid state can often serve as a superior solution — it’s long been the de-facto standard in many jazz guitar circles for a reason. However, replicating the raw, dynamic feel of a front-loaded tube amplifier has historically proved difficult for amplifiers without a set of glowing glass tucked away inside the cabinet. Thankfully, the Blackstar Debut 50R offers the best of both worlds, sporting a 2-channel design with a built-in MOSFET (Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor) preamp that produces dirty tones nearly indistinguishable from a traditional tube amp. Simply swap to the overdrive channel to access rich, saturated tube-style dirt tones that beautifully replicate the feel and touch-sensitive response of the world’s most iconic tube amplifiers!
Infinite Shape Feature (ISF) Dials In Your Drive Tones
The all-analog Blackstar Debut 50R packs a massive spread of tones by virtue of its Blackstar's Infinite Shape Feature (ISF). When turned fully counterclockwise, you'll lend an American characteristic to your voice, with a tight bottom end and aggressive middle range. Turned all the way to the right, you'll enjoy more of a British vibe with a woodier sound that's less aggressive. However you dial in the Debut 50R, you'll enjoy a musical response that commands attention.
The Blackstar Debut 50R’s speaker-emulated output delivers the sound of a miked-up cabinet, even with the volume down. Connect to your audio interface or a PA system and enjoy great tone. It also produces inspiring sounds when you wear headphones, which is great for late-night practice and tracking. Guitarists here at Sweetwater have found the speaker-emulated output to be our family's (or roommate's) favorite feature.
Blackstar Debut 50R 1 x 12-inch 50-watt Combo Amplifier Features :
- A 50-watt all-analog solid-state combo inspired by the non-nonsense workflow of old-school tube and solid-state amplifiers
- An excellent alternative for guitarists seeking the pristine purity of solid-state in a non-modeling, non-digital design
- Custom-designed 12-inch Blackstar speaker delivers a rich, full-range sound with a powerful low end
- 2-channel design allows you to instantly toggle between clean and dirty tones with a footswitch
- Discrete MOSFET preamp delivers dynamic overdrive tones that sound straight out of a hot tube amplifier
- Rear effects loop allows you to integrate your favorite time-based and modulation pedals after the MOSFET preamp
- Speaker-emulated line-out/headphone jack for easy direct monitoring and noise-free recording
- ISF (Infinite Shape Feature) takes you from a tight American sound to a more open and woody feel with the twist of a knob
- 3-band EQ and Clean/Bright switch to sculpt your tone for any application
- Spacious-sounding onboard reverb with distinct plate and hall settings
Tech Specs :
- Type : Solid State
- Number of Channels : 2 channels, 4 voices
- Total Power : 50W (5W setting)
- Speaker Size : 1 x 12" Custom-Designed Speaker
- Reverb : Plate, Hall
- EQ : 3-band EQ, ISF (OD channel), Bright switch (clean)
- Inputs : 1 x 1/4", 1 x 1/8" (line in)
- Effects Loop : Yes
- Headphones : 1 x 1/4"
- Footswitch I/O : 1 x 1/4" (clean/overdrive, reverb)
- Footswitch Included : No
- Power Source : Standard IEC AC cable
- Height : 14.96"
- Width : 18.11"
- Depth : 9.05"
- Weight : 19.8 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number : DEBUT50R