Boss Katana 50 MKII EX
Classic Katana Tone with a Sharpened Set of Features
Packed with a whole host of new utility features under the hood, the Katana-50 MkII EX takes the stage and studio functionality of BOSS’ sharpest series of amplifiers to a whole new level. All of the now-classic Katana-50 MkII features are here: five versatile amp characters, 60 tweakable effects, variable power, and BOSS Tone Studio functionality offer the nearly endless level of sonic adjustment that’s served as the Katana series’ calling card since 2019. However, the addition of a cab sim-enabled line out, 1-cord Stereo Expand, and full GA-FC and GA-FC EX footswitch compatibility dramatically increase your setup options and rig tweakability. If you’re a fan of the beloved Katana formula, but require just a touch more freedom in your stage or studio rig, then look no further than the BOSS Katana-50 MkII EX.
What’s new in the EX edition Katana-50 MkII?
While it may appear visually identical to the Katana-50 MkII at first glance, the Katana-50 MkII EX sports a variety of new features under the hood that drastically improve stage and studio performance.
- GA-FC Footswitch compatibility: The EX-edition is now fully compatible with both the GA-FC and GA-FC EX footswitch — a massive functional advantage that lets you streamline your sonic workflow and make instant preset, effect, and expression adjustments mid-song.
- Line Output: A built-in line out on the back of the amplifier allows you to simplify your setup by sending mix-ready tones straight into a stage PA or an audio interface. What’s more, the line out features full cabinet emulation to deliver an uncompromisingly true-to-life tone.
- Stereo Expand: This iteration of the BOSS Katana-50 comes equipped with BOSS’ incredible Stereo Expand functionality, allowing you to easily hook up two Katana-50 MkII EX amplifiers in stereo mode with a single cable. From bouncing ping-pong delay to true stereo chorus to cascading reverb tones, Stereo Expand is a must-have feature for any guitarist interested in the wide, sweeping sonics of a dual-amp stereo rig.
Premium Katana MKII features :
The Katana-50 MkII EX adds a plethora of new features to the Katana formula, but fans of the amplifier’s previous generation will be thrilled to hear that all of the MkII version’s improvements have been fully ported over.
- Power Amp In(put): Got a floor unit or tube preamp you can't live without? You can access all 50 watts of the Katana's Class AB power section using the MkII EX's power amp input. Here you bypass everything before the power amp and speakers, so what you hear is exactly what you expect — only live and in living color.
- Versatile amp models: The classics you love are back in full effect in the Katana MkII EX. Only now, you can access new variations on the original five amp models to create an even more versatile gigging platform, from country cleans to metal gains to acoustic-voiced amplification.
- BOSS Tone Studio: Customizing your sound within the Katana MkII EX is easier than ever using the new and improved BOSS Tone Studio software; 60 BOSS effects, channel-by-channel EQs, adjustable routing, and much more await your every command.
Ready for any style of music, even acoustic-electric
The BOSS Katana-50 MkII EX packs five distinct amp voicings. Clean, Crunch, and Lead cover the range from chiming clean tones and gritty rhythm tones to solo-worthy high-gain leads. And finally, the Acoustic mode allows you to plug in your acoustic-electric guitar, too. No matter what style of music you play or even what kind of guitar you play, there's a world of tone to explore in the BOSS Katana-50 MkII EX combo amplifier.
Cab-emulated output for silent recording and performance
While the Katana-50 MkII EX offers a Power Control for getting cranked-amp tone at a low volume level, you can achieve truly silent operation onstage or in the studio. Cab emulation is available on the USB, line out, and headphone/recording output, so however you choose to monitor your Katana-50 MkII EX, it'll feel like you're standing in front of an amp. Selectable cab resonance (Vintage/Modern/Deep) and Air Feel miking emulation (direct, distant, or blended) allow you to tailor emulated tones to taste.
Powered by the BOSS Tone Studio
The Katana-50 MkII EX supports 60 timeless BOSS effects, and you can load an entire series of them for instant access. The amp's Booster/Mod, FX/Delay, and Reverb controls give you easy one-knob access to each effects type, with a color-coded button to switch between preset effects. To completely customize your effects and amp settings, connect the Katana-50 MkII EX to your computer via USB and load up the Tone Studio software. Create your own setup, or download setups created by pro guitarists at the BOSS Tone Studio website. Best of all, the Katana-50 MkII EX can store multiple custom amp and effects profiles for instant recall, making this combo a versatile multichannel amplifier.
BOSS Katana-50 MkII EX 1 x 12-inch 50-watt Guitar Combo Amplifier Features:
- Versatile combo amp with 5 amp voicings, customizable effects, and editor software
- EX edition introduces a handy line out, full GA-FC (and GA-FC EX) footswitch control, and access to BOSS’ Stereo Expand feature
- Amp characters include Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown (derived from the BOSS Waza amp), and Acoustic (for acoustic-electric guitar)
- 60 timeless BOSS effects, accessible from the BOSS Tone Studio
- Variable Power Control allows you to achieve cranked-amp tone at lower volume levels
- Shape your tone quickly with dedicated Gain, EQ, and Effects controls
- Use the BOSS Tone Studio editor software to customize your effects and amp settings
- Power Amp In brings uncolored amplification to your external modelers and preamps
Tech Specs :
- Type : Solid State
- Number of Channels : 5 x Amp Types
- Total Power : 50W (25W, 0.5W settings)
- Speaker Size : 1 x 12"
- Reverb : Yes
- Effects : Modulation, Delay, 60 BOSS Effects (Tone Studio software)
- EQ : 3-band EQ, Tone control
- Inputs : 1 x 1/4" (instrument), 1 x 1/4" (power amp), 1 x 1/8" (aux in)
- Outputs : 1 x 1/4" (rec/headphones)
- USB : 1 x Type B
- Headphones : 1 x 1/4"
- Footswitch I/O : 1 x 1/4" (channel/bank)
- Footswitch Included : No, FS-6 sold separately
- Computer Connectivity : USB
- Software : BOSS Tone Studio
- Construction Material : Black Tolex
- Power Source : Standard IEC AC cable
- Height : 15.6"
- Width : 18.5"
- Depth : 9.3"
- Weight : 25.8 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number : KTN50 2EX