Boss Katana Air EX - 35 Watt Wireless Guitar Amp
Stadium-grade Sonics Meet Desktop Convenience
BOSS released its Katana series of amps to critical acclaim, quickly becoming a staple of countless studio setups, thanks to their powerful, distinctive tones, flexible connectivity, and intuitive interfacing. Now, BOSS elevates their innovative wireless desktop amp with the Katana-Air EX: a bi-modal 20- and 35-watt wireless guitar amplifier that packs an astounding array of arena-worthy sonics into a convenient, desktop-sized device. Housed in an all-wood cabinet with a lush leather handle, it features an authentic true stereo design comprising dual custom 5-inch speakers, a bass-reflex port, and a 1/4-inch stereo output pair, delighting guitarists with its premier playback quality.
Superlative Sound Shaping
In the elusive quest for tone, BOSS has outfitted the Katana-Air EX with a suite of sonic selections inspired by the Katana-series stage amps, yet refined for the diverse uses afforded by the Air EX desktop amp. Five onboard amp characters form your tonal foundation, each of which exudes distinction as you move from clean to crunch to BOSS’s custom high-octane Brown setting. You’ve even got a dedicated option for acoustic-electric guitar or bass. Full-bodied and high-fidelity sound doesn’t stop there, however, as more than 60 built-in BOSSFX run the gambit of overdrives, distortions, modulation, delay, reverb, and plenty more, all of which have been carefully optimized to complement the sonorous qualities of the Katana-Air EX’s dual-speaker stereo system. Once you’ve got your sound dialed in, you have access to six user preset slots for instant saving and recall of your tone.
Thanks to the integrated Bluetooth connectivity, you’re free to play along to your favorite songs, practice tracks, and any other jam-worthy audio, or you can use the rear-mounted 3.5-millimeter auxiliary input. You can achieve true stereo sonics with the 1/4-inch output pair, but this isn’t your standard audio output: the Katana-Air EX includes mic’d cab emulation to go straight to the PA with uncompromising tone. If you’re working in a DAW-based arrangement, then you’ll be delighted to learn that the desktop amp also includes a USB-B port to go straight into your digital setup without losing a drop of aural character.
World-Class Wireless Opportunities
Eagle-eyed observers will likely notice the 1/4-inch jack reserved for the WL-T wireless transmitter. You can rest assured knowing the Katana-Air EX includes its own WL-T transmitter, honed for tonal preservation to keep your sounds transparent and supported with virtually zero lag or dropouts and lightning-fast response times. Not only does this mean 12 hours of uninhibited performance, but it’s been designed with an integrated motion sensor and standby functionality to conserve energy use.
Perfected for Practice, Performance, and More
The WL-T or Bluetooth options let you engage the Katana-Air EX’s deep wealth of practice, performance, and sound design possibilities. Using BOSS’s Tone Studio app, you can fine-tune your tones, in addition to refining and managing cab simulations and program changes. It also allows you to integrate a broad swath of practice tools, including the creation of playlists, generating audio loops, and recalling backing tracks. An automatic memory-switching system even allows you to assign points within a video to change tones as you go. Looking for more tone? Just head over to the BOSS Tone Exchange for additional tone profiles, customized switching setups, and more tracks. Plus, the Katana-Air EX is designed to be seamlessly integrated with the optional EV-1WL Wireless MIDI Expression Pedal or FS-1-WL Wireless Footswitch (not included), further refined with the Tone Studio mobile app to assign changes, attenuate effects, and even control practice tools.
BOSS Katana-Air EX Wireless Desktop Amp Features :
- Fully wireless electric guitar amplifier with 20W/35W stereo speaker system
- Dual custom 5-inch speakers and tuned bass-reflex port accommodate the full spectrum of possibilities with clarity, from electric bass and acoustic guitar to clean chords and searing leads
- All-wood housing evokes resounding character at any volume
- Versatile amp with 5 distinct voicings, customizable effects, and editor software
- Bluetooth connectivity accommodates supplementary audio and MIDI information for managing programs, practice tools, and more
- WL-T wireless transmitter offers up to 12 hours of operation, recharges by docking onto the amplifier
- Motion-activated transmitter automatically turns on when you pick your guitar up while saving energy when not in use
- Wirelessly edit and organize tones via BOSS Tone Studio app on your phone or tablet (iOS/Android)
- Serves double duty as a premium Bluetooth music player
- True stereo audio out includes mic’d cabinet emulation for direct-to-PA use and is refined via BOSS Tone Studio app
- Powered via 8 AA batteries (20 watts), rechargeable Roland battery (not included; 20 watts) or power adapter (35 watts)
Tech Specs :
- Type:Digital Wireless Guitar Amp
- Number of Channels:2-channel
- Total Power:30W (adapter), 20W (battery)
- Speaker Size:2 x 5" woofer
- Effects:Delay, Modulation, Boost, FX (access additional)
- EQ:3-band EQ
- Inputs:2 x 1/4" (instrument, Boss WL-T), 1 x 1/8" (aux in)
- Outputs:2 x 1/4" (L/Mono, R)
- USB:1 x Type B
- Bluetooth:Yes (streaming, remote features)
- Headphones:1 x 1/8"
- Footswitch I/O:Bluetooth Wireless
- Footswitch Included:No
- Features:Wireless Transmitter Plug (12 hour play time), 1/4" Charger Port
- Computer Connectivity:USB, Bluetooth
- Software:Tone Studio Remote App (iOS/Android)
- Construction Material:Wood Cabinet, Leather Handle
- Power Source:13V DC 1.5A adapter (included), Rechargeable Battery (BTY-NIMH/A), 8 x AA Batteries
- Weight:12.37 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:KTN-AIR EX