Boss MT-2W Waza Craft Metal Zone Distortion Pedal
Known for its flexible 3-band EQ and copious amounts of gain, the BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone distortion pedal has found its way onto countless pedalboards over the past decades. The MT-2W Waza Metal Zone elevates the classic high-gain tone of the original with top-shelf all-analog circuitry and two separate modes of operation. Benefit from intense sound shaping, thanks to a powerful 3-band EQ with High and Low controls, along with a sweepable Midrange with up to 15dB, or boost/cut on each band. The MT-2W Waza Metal Zone features a premium buffer for ultra-clean tone when it’s bypassed.
Two Separate Modes of Operation
The MT-2W Waza Metal Zone’s innovative dual-gain circuit is bolstered by two separate modes of operation. Standard mode updates the mid-focused sound of the original with improved clarity and lower noise. Custom mode injects the MT-2W’s full-throttle high-gain tones with wider range, increased dynamics, and tighter lows. The addition of this dual-mode switch gives the MT-2W a great deal of added tonal flexibility.
Waza Craft : a Higher Art of Stompbox Design
The Japanese word “waza” means art and technique, an appropriate name for BOSS’s premium line of redesigned guitar effects pedals. You see, the pedal collectors here at Sweetwater have seen more than enough special-edition stompboxes that are only a paint job away from the originals, which is why we’re so blown away by what BOSS has done with the Waza Craft series. Even in their Standard modes, Waza Craft pedals sound like idealized versions of the originals, offering the same sonic character that made them iconic but with less noise and more consistent tone. And when you A/B the Standard mode and the Custom mod, the contrast is nothing short of astonishing.
BOSS MT-2W Waza Metal Zone Features :
- Flexible update of the BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone distortion pedal
- Top-shelf all-analog circuitry elevates the classic high-gain tone of its predecessor
- Standard mode updates the mid-focused sound of the original with improved clarity and lower noise
- Custom mode yields a wider range, increased dynamics, and tighter lows
- 3-band EQ with High, Low, and sweepable Midrange controls
- Premium buffer for ultra-clean tone when bypassed
Tech Specs :
- Pedal Type:Distortion
- Inputs:1 x 1/4" (instrument)
- Outputs:1 x 1/4"
- Bypass Switching:Buffered Bypass
- Power Source:9V DC Boss PSA power supply (sold separately)
- Batteries:1 x 9V
- Power Usage:35mA
- Weight:1 lb.
- Manufacturer Part Number:MT-2W