Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH Floyd Rose with Maple FB in Matte Blue Frost
The formula for Charvel's Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH FR is simple. Hot-rodded for full-throttle performance, this superb solidbody electric guitar rocks a curvaceous alder body with comfortable contours that will feel instantly familiar; it's outfitted with premium appointments such as a maple speed neck with graphite reinforcement and a silky-smooth compound-radius maple fingerboard with rolled edges and jumbo frets. For ultra-stable pitch expression, this San Dimas features a Floyd Rose double-locking vibrato bridge system that lets you flutter, warble, and dive-bomb with impunity. Two hot Seymour Duncan humbuckers with coil splits complete the setup, turning this guitar into a music flamethrower with amazing playability and an enormous tone arsenal that deploys everything from chimey cleans to blistering high gain. Suitable for any music genre, the Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH FR is a serious guitar for serious guitarists.
Take-no-prisoners tone from Seymour Duncan humbuckers
You play the notes; Seymour Duncan humbuckers take it from there. A '59 SH-1N humbucker is located in the neck position of this axe, while a JB TB-4 is positioned at the bridge. The '59 has a full low end, slightly scooped mids, and gently boosted highs; it preserves the clarity of the individual notes in a chord, making it ideal for rhythm work as well as jazz and blues soloing. Duncan's most popular pickup, the JB, is an ideal bridge pickup for blues, fusion, country, hard rock, thrash, punk, and grunge. The low end is full and beefy, and the highs are crisp and detailed. An upper-midrange bump adds chunk and crunch to heavy chords, which translates to a singing, vocal-like character when you solo — all while the hotter output pushes your amp just a bit harder for increased sustain and harmonics.
A palette of single-coil tones on tap
The classic '59/JB pickup combination is perennially favored by pro guitarists. On the Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH FR, you mix this potent sonic elixir through a 3-way blade switch and a volume pot with push-pull coil splitting, which puts a range of spanky single-coil tones into play. The no-load tone control functions like a standard tone pot from positions one through nine and, for sonic transparency, removes itself from the circuit at position 10, letting the full natural voice of the instrument shine through. The Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH FR serves up tone by the truckload. If your music has an aggressive edge to it, you'll want in on this.
The Pro-Mod story
Charvel's Pro-Mod series guitars rock classic Charvel style, born in Southern California more than three decades ago. These axes are packed with the hot-rodded, high-performance features artists rely on: classic body styles, premium tonewoods, unfinished oiled necks, smooth, rolled fingerboard edges, scorching pickups, rock-solid bridges, and more. Take it from the guitar aficionados at Sweetwater: Get your hands on a Pro-Mod, and you won't let go.
Charvel Pro-Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH FR Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Curvaceous alder body with comfortable contours
- Bolt-on maple speed neck with graphite reinforcement; familiar 25.5" scale length
- Compound-radius maple fingerboard (12" to 16"), optimized for both single notes and chording
- 22 jumbo frets, dot inlays
- Heel-mounted truss rod adjustment wheel
- Seymour Duncan ’59 SH-1N (neck) and JB TB-4 (bridge) humbuckers
- Volume (push-pull coil split) control; no-load tone control
- 3-way blade pickup selector switch
- Floyd Rose 1000 series double-locking recessed vibrato bridge system
- Sealed die-cast tuners
- Number of Strings : 6
- Left-/Right-handed : Right-handed
- Body Type : Solidbody
- Body Shape : San Dimas
- Body Material : Alder
- Body Finish : Gloss
- Color : Matte Blue Frost
- Neck Material : Maple
- Neck Shape : Speed Neck
- Neck Joint : Bolt-on
- Radius : 12"-16" compound
- Fingerboard Material : Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay : Black Dots
- Number of Frets : 22, Jumbo
- Scale Length : 25.5"
- Nut Width : 1.6875"
- Nut Material : Floyd Rose FRT-O1000 Locking
- Bridge/Tailpiece : Floyd Rose FRT-O1000 Double Locking Tremolo
- Tuners : Charvel Sealed Die-cast
- Neck Pickup : Seymour Duncan '59 SH-1N Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup : Seymour Duncan JB TB-4 Humbucker
- Controls : 1 x master volume (push/pull coil split), 1 x master tone
- Switching : 3-way blade pickup switch
- Strings : Nickel Plated Steel, .009-.042
- Case/Gig Bag : Sold Separately
- Manufacturer Part Number : 2965131534