Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard in Aged Honey Burst Gloss
The Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard supplies all the hallmarks of the unforgettable '59 Gibson — the figured AAA maple veneer, that lean and mean late-'50s neck profile, and those crystal-clear Gibson PAF pickups — at an irresistible price. Whether you've always wanted a true '59 and didn't want to fork over the cash, or even if you're a proud collector and just want an instrument to take out on the road, the Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard has the looks and features you've been searching for. Solid mahogany and maple tonewoods. A "VOS-like" aged gloss finish. Premium pots and hardware.
Premier Tonewoods, Head To Toe
The late-'50s Les Paul recipe is maple on mahogany. And that's exactly what you get in the Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard. The solid maple top with AAA flame maple veneer boasts a rich natural figuring and imparts a snappy tonal quality to the rich, resonant, full-weight mahogany body. The 24.75"-scale mahogany neck sports the slimmed-down medium "C" profile reminiscent of true '59s, along with the 12" radius and medium-jumbo frets these guitars are known for.
Gibson Pickups with Premium Pots and Caps
1959 was the year Gibson really dialed in the response of its Seth Lover PAF ("Patent Applied For") pickups. Nowhere is this sound better captured than in Gibson's USA-made Burstbucker pickups. The Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard comes stock with a set of these sought-after beauties wired into a set of Mallory 150 polyester film caps, with CTS pots and a Switchcraft toggle and jack to supply years of proven performance. It comes stock with Grade A choice components straight out the Gibson Custom Shop, for plug-in ready rock and blues tones that even Gibson historians will dig.
"VOS-Like" Aged Finish
A true first for an Epiphone, the 1959 Les Paul Standard sports an aged gloss finish that is similar in feel and appearance to the Vintage Original Spec finishes of today's American-made Gibsons. '50s-correct non-beveled plastics and a back "Custom Shop" Epiphone badge add to this axe's A+ looks.
Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard Features :
- Inspired by the iconic 1959 Gibson Les Paul
- American-made Gibson USA Burstbucker pickups are brimming with late-'50s PAF goodness
- Mallory 150 polyester film tone capacitors supply a warm, mellow response
- CTS pots and Switchcraft toggle and jack are rated for years of a dependable performance
- Maple top with figured AAA maple veneer on a full-weight mahogany back
- Rounded Medium "C" mahogany neck nails the speed and handfeel of a true '59
- Aged gloss finish is reminiscent of Gibson's VOS finishes
- Tune-O-Matic bridge, Epiphone Vintage Deluxe 18:1 tuners
- Number of Strings : 6
- Left-/Right-handed : Right-handed
- Body Type : Solidbody
- Body Shape : 1959 Les Paul Standard
- Body Material : Mahogany
- Top Material : AAA Flamed Maple
- Body Finish : Aged Gloss
- Color : Honey Burst
- Neck Material : Mahogany
- Neck Shape : Rounded Medium C
- Neck Joint : Set Neck
- Radius : 12"
- Fingerboard Material : Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Inlay : Pearloid Trapezoids
- Number of Frets : 22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length : 24.75"
- Nut Width : 1.692"
- Nut Material : Graph Tech NuBone
- Bridge/Tailpiece : LockTone Tune-o-Matic Bridge with Stopbar Tailpiece
- Tuners : Vintage Deluxe, 18:1 ratio
- Neck Pickup : Gibson BurstBucker Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup : Gibson BurstBucker Humbucker
- Controls : 2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching : 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings : Gibson, .010-.046
- Case/Gig Bag : Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number : ENL59AHGNH3