Epiphone’s Authentic Take on Gibson’s Legendary ES-335
The Epiphone ES-335 is a tribute to Gibson’s storied semi-hollowbody electric guitar, and with it by your side, you’ll take absolute command of the stage. This warm, resonant semi features a layered maple top, back, and sides, along with a solid maple center block, ensuring that every note you play is infused with amazing sustain and tone. You'll experience a wide range of vintage-inspired tones thanks to the ES-335’s Alnico Classic PRO humbuckers, while enjoying effortless playability courtesy of a laurel-capped, rounded “C”-shaped neck. Epiphone’s ES-335 will stand out instantly with its eye-grabbing body and fingerboard binding, plus a head-turning Epiphone Crown headstock inlay and tasteful dot fingerboard inlays. A high-quality Graph Tech NuBone nut and rock-solid Epiphone Deluxe tuners round out this classy ES-335.
Quality construction delivers top-notch playability
Epiphone's ES-335 sports a full-sized layered maple body, modeled after Gibson's legendary semi-hollowbody electric guitar, with a solid maple center block for maximum tone and sustain. At Sweetwater, we know that when you have a hankering for that one-of-a-kind sound, nothing but a semi will do. This guitar’s mahogany neck features Epiphone's rounded “C” profile for easy, comfortable playability, and its Indian laurel fingerboard has a 12-inch radius, which is great for lead and rhythm playing alike.
Distinct semi-hollowbody tone
If you've ever listened to rock or blues from the '50s or '60s, you've heard "the tone" you'll find in Epiphone’s version of the ES-335. The phrase bell-like is most appropriate here, with notes that spring to life and then gently decay into a long sustain — perfect for lead lines and solos. While the tone can get bright and aggressive if you need it to, it's the warm and smooth overdriven tones that made Gibson’s historic design such a groundbreaking guitar for blues and jazz styles. You'll get the same magic with the Epiphone ES-335's Alnico Classic PRO pickups. Voiced to get the perfect vintage tone, these pickups deliver all the warmth, punch, and bite you want and need from a semi-hollowbody guitar.
Epiphone's years of semi-hollowbody experience
Epiphone was already experienced in making semi-hollowbody electric guitars by the time the ES-335 became a hit in 1958–1959. The Epiphone Riviera and Sheraton were two popular models at the time, and '50s originals still fetch a pretty penny. So, while the Epiphone ES-335 is incredibly affordable, it's still built with Epiphone's 50-plus years of experience in creating semi-hollowbody guitars with incredible tone and amazing value.
Epiphone ES-335 Features:
- Affordable re-creation of the classic Gibson ES-335 semi-hollowbody electric guitar
- Layered maple top, back, and sides coupled with a solid maple tone block create amazing sustain and tone
- Exceptionally warm and resonant semi-hollow design
- Alnico Classic PRO humbuckers can deliver a wide range of vintage-vibed tones
- Rounded “C” neck profile is extremely comfortable and easy to play
- 12-inch-radius Indian laurel fingerboard is great for both lead and rhythm playing
- Eye-grabbing single-ply body and fingerboard binding
- Head-turning Epiphone Crown headstock inlay and tasteful dot fingerboard inlays
- High-quality Graph Tech NuBone nut and rock-solid Epiphone Deluxe tuners