Epiphone J-200 Acoustic Electric in Aged Vintage Sunburst Gloss
Iconic Super-jumbo Acoustic-electric from Epiphone
The King of the Flat-tops is reborn in the J-200 Acoustic Guitar from Epiphone. This super-jumbo classic has all the vintage tone, design, and playability of the original at an amazing price. The Epiphone J-200 offers a solid Sitka spruce top and solid figured maple back and sides for a knockout blend of punchy high end and robust midrange and low end. A 2-piece maple neck with mahogany center strip and Indian laurel fingerboard deliver incredible playability and response. And when you are ready to plug in, onboard Fishman electronics provide pristine amplified acoustic tone.
A storied tradition spanning decades of legendary artists
The SJ-200 first appeared in 1937, becoming much sought after for the big volume and projection that made it ideal for ensembles that included banjo and fiddle. It would go on to prominence through the '50s and into the present, with the likes of Elvis Presley, Tex Ritter, Jimmy Page, and Bob Dylan all falling for its one-of-a-kind tone. Strum a first-position open chord and you'll hear the Epiphone J-200's massive, full sound and impressive projection — easily enough to fill a room even when unplugged! Just like the aforementioned legends, many of us here have been won over by the J-200.
No detail left behind
Epiphone wanted to bring you the detailed appointments that make the J-200 such a visual delight for both you and your audience. The Epiphone J-200 features an aged gloss finish that lets the natural spruce really live. A vintage pickguard with flower-and-dot design and maple moustache bridge with curved block inlays are iconic centerpieces of the J-200 that will delight you and your audience. The Indian laurel fingerboard also features the unmistakably classic mother-of-pearl graduated crown inlays. And to top it all off, a vintage graduated crown inlay on the headstock and classic Epiphone Deluxe tuners with Keystone buttons are also included on this amazing acoustic-electric.
Epiphone J-200 Acoustic Guitar Features:
- Acoustic-electric offers true-to-the-original feel, tone, and playability at a great price
- Solid Sitka spruce top and solid figured maple back and sides combine for a knockout blend of punchy high end and robust midrange and low end
- 2-piece maple neck with mahogany center strip and Indian laurel fingerboard deliver incredible playability and response
- Onboard Fishman electronics for pristine amplified acoustic tone
- Soundhole-mounted preamp with rotary controls for Volume and Tone gives you incredibly easy, quick access to tweaking your tone
- Aged gloss finish gives natural wood tone a vintage look
- Vintage pickguard with flower-and-dot design and maple moustache bridge with curved block inlays are iconic centerpieces
- Indian laurel fingerboard features classic mother-of-pearl graduated crown inlays
- Vintage graduated crown inlay on the headstock and classic Epiphone Deluxe tuners with Keystone buttons