Classic Jumbo from Epiphone
Often hailed as the "King of the Flat Tops," the Gibson J200 is once again brought to the playing public with the Epiphone J-200 EC Studio. This Jumbo features a deep cutaway for stellar access up the fingerboard. Made from a solid spruce top and select maple back and sides, this wonderful instrument delivers the big, full tone that the Jumbo became known for when it first appeared in 1937. A gorgeous maple neck with pau ferro fingerboard delivers incredible playability and response. Thanks to the Fishman under saddle pickup, this wonderful axe delivers incredible amplified acoustic tone. Get great acoustic tone plugged in or unplugged with the J-200 EC Studio.
Beauty, tone, and playability
The Epiphone J-200 EC Studio's fingerboard is made of high-grade pau ferro. This durable wood's resilience makes the fingerboard extremely balanced and stable, and gives each chord and note exceptional clarity and bite. What's more, the J-200 EC Studio's pearloid graduated crown inlays are inserted into the fingerboard using a special process that eliminates gaps and doesn't require fillers. The fingerboard is bound for an extremely smooth and comfortable feel that enhances the J-200 EC Studio's playability.
Acoustic mojo, jumbo style
Epiphone and Gibson Jumbo guitars were originally built to cut through the loudest acoustic ensembles, allowing them to compete with the mandolins and banjos that were prevalent in pre-amplified times. It's still a thrill to hear the well-balanced sound of a Jumbo ring out loud and clear, the maple sides and spruce top pumping out a throaty tone that's equally great for high-octane strumming and delicate fingerpicking.
Epiphone J-200 EC Studio Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Classic J-200 style with cutaway delivers big tone
- Solid spruce top and select maple body combine for balanced tone
- Fishman electronics with built-in tuner produce wonderful amplified tone
- Maple SlimTaper neck and pau ferro fingerboard with crown inlays is instantly playable and looks classic
- Pau ferro bridge with synthetic bone saddle provide extra tone support
- Grover Rotomatic gold machine heads keep you in tune and look vintage