Epiphone Les Paul Standard '60s In Smokehouse Burst
A universe of tone with ProBucker pickups
The ProBuckers on the Les Paul Standard ’60s feature Alnico II magnets — the same as sought-after vintage PAF humbuckers — for rich, warm tone with crystalline highs and a tight bottom. With a ProBucker-2 in the neck position and a (slightly overwound) ProBucker-3 in the bridge position, crank your gain, and you can do some serious damage. We’re talking legendary Les Paul — fat, snarling tone served up with exceptional sustain.
The Les Paul backstory
The Les Paul story started with an instrument called “The Log.” In the early 1940s, on a quest for an electric guitar that would sustain for days, Les Paul — the legendary guitarist and inventor — fashioned what may well have been the first solidbody guitar from a length of common 4" x 4" lumber. For appearances (and possibly playing comfort), Les sawed an Epiphone hollowbody in half and attached the two “wings” to either side of The Log. Les continued to develop the idea through a series of prototypes, ultimately resulting in the classic solidbody guitar we know and love.
With a Les Paul, you’re in good company
From rock to fusion and beyond, the Les Paul’s surly snarl has virtually defined attitude-laden overdriven guitar tone. Legendary guitarists such as Jimmy Page, Al Di Meola, Alex Lifeson, Slash, and countless others have forged their signature sounds with a sunburst Les Paul. Epiphone now gives you the opportunity to experience that one-of-a-kind tone and look at an amazingly affordable price with the Les Paul Standard ’60s. What’s more, the Standard ’60s comes with Epiphone’s limited lifetime warranty and is backed by Gibson’s 24/7/365 customer service — so you know you’re making a solid investment.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard ’60s Features:
- Captures the spirit of 1960s-era Les Pauls
- Warm and resonant mahogany body with a bright, punchy maple cap
- Mahogany neck with SlimTaper 60s C profile
- 2 ProBucker humbucking pickups
- LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge; stopbar tailpiece
- High-quality 2-Volume 2-Tone CTS electronics
TECH SPECS :
- Number of Strings : 6
- Left-/Right-handed : Right-handed
- Body Type : Solidbody
- Body Shape : Les Paul Standard '60s
- Body Material : Mahogany
- Top Material : Maple
- Body Finish : Gloss
- Color : Smokehouse Burst
- Neck Material : Mahogany
- Neck Shape : '60s Slim Taper
- Neck Joint : Set Neck
- Radius : 12"
- Fingerboard Material : Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Inlay : Pearloid Trapezoids
- Number of Frets : 22
- Scale Length : 24.75"
- Nut Width : 1.692"
- Nut Material : GraphTech NuBone
- Bridge/Tailpiece : LockTone ABR Tune-O-Matic Bridge with Stopbar Tailpiece
- Tuners : Kidney Tuners
- Neck Pickup : Epiphone Probucker 2 Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup : Epiphone Probucker 3 Humbucker
- Controls : 2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching : 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings : .010-.046
- Case/Gig Bag : Sold Separately
- Manufacturer Part Number : EILS6KHNH3