Epiphone Matt Heafy Les Paul Custom Origins (Incl. Hard Case) - Ebony
Hunting for that perfect balance of brutal tone and versatile features? The new Epiphone Matt Heafy Les Paul Custom Origins guitar is your winning bet. This long-awaited collaboration features a mahogany body, maple top, mahogany neck, and custom-voiced Fishman Fluence pickups, all designed with input from Matt Heafy (Trivium, Capharnaum, Ibaraki). This staggering guitar pairs modern bells and whistles with a nostalgic look that's inspired by the first Les Paul that Matt owned. Guitarists are quite impressed with the value and craftsmanship this guitar displays. Though designed for heavy-hitting metal tone, the two Fishman pickups onboard leverage a huge number of voicings for tonal alchemy that turns any playing style into pure gold.
Heafy-voiced Fishman pickups
This Les Paul features two gold-accented Fluence Fishman pickups custom voiced and developed to Matt Heafy’s specifications. An active alnico neck pickup delivers high-output humbucking tone that’s crisp and fluid, while the ceramic bridge pickup delivers more aggressive bite. And the feast of fire doesn’t stop there. Four unique push-pull knobs also give you access to overwound single-coil tones, and the bridge pickup can be switched to passive humbucking for a different tenor. The result? Five distinct pickup settings for use separately or together, and an insane amount of tonal variety. Whatever genre is your jam, there’s a tone onboard that you're going to love.
Optimized Les Paul tone and speed
Matt Heafy’s signature model is powered by the tried-and-true formula of solid mahogany tonewoods with a maple top. This same combination has fueled decades of iconic rock. You’ll find mahogany perfect for bold tone with big sustain that sings and that the maple top adds a slight bright crispiness. When it comes to playability, the Matt Heafy Les Paul is optimized for speed. Its precision mahogany neck features a SpeedTaper “D” neck carve with a contoured heel for upper-fret access and lightning-fast riffs up and down the neck.
The hardware onboard the Epiphone Matt Heafy Les Paul Custom Origins is exactly what you’d expect from its namesake. Premium mini-Rotomatic locking tuners and a Tune-o-matic bridge ensure strong tuning stability, even when you really dig in. The guitar's custom black control knobs have a lower profile compared to standard LP knobs, so you never have to fear a volume or tone control mishap in the middle of a performance. Plus, this guitar’s strap buttons feature a reinforced cap that’s built to work like aftermarket strap locks, so your axe stays 100% secure even when you’re lost in the moment.
Epiphone Matt Heafy Les Paul Custom Origins Electric Guitar Features:
- Developed in collaboration with Matt Heafy (Trivium, Capharnaum, Ibaraki)
- 2 custom-voiced Fishman MKH Fluence humbucking pickups: active alnico neck and dual active/passive ceramic bridge
- Push-pull volume knobs for hot overwound single-coil mode
- Push-pull tone knobs for active or passive humbucker modes
- Mahogany body with a maple top
- Mahogany neck with fast SpeedTaper “D” profile and a contoured heel for upper fret access
- 24.75-inch ebony fingerboard with block inlays and 22 frets
- Locking Grover Mini-Rotomatic tuners and Tune-o-matic bridge for reliable tuning stability
- Cap-reinforced strap buttons with function on par with aftermarket strap locks
TECH SPECS :
- Number of Strings : 6
- Left-/Right-handed : Right-handed
- Body Type : Solidbody, Modern Weight Relief
- Body Shape : Matt Heafy Les Paul Custom
- Body Material : Mahogany
- Top Material : Maple
- Body Finish : Gloss
- Color : Ebony
- Neck Material : Mahogany
- Neck Shape : Speed Taper D
- Neck Joint : Set Neck
- Radius : 12"
- Fingerboard Material : Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay : Pearloid Custom Blocks
- Number of Frets : 22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length : 24.75"
- Nut Width : 1.692"
- Nut Material : Graph Tech
- Bridge/Tailpiece : Tune-O-Matic Bridge with Stopbar Tailpiece
- Tuners : Grover Mini Locking Rotomatics with Tulip buttons
- Neck Pickup : Fishman Fluence MKH Alnico Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup : Fishman Fluence MKH Ceramic Humbucker
- Controls : 2 x volume (push/pull coil-split), 2 x tone (push/pull voicing)
- Switching : 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings : Gibson, .010-.046
- Case/Gig Bag : Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number : EILPCMKH6EBGH3