Fender American Original 60s Stratocaster - Olympic White
Inspired by Transition-era Strats of the Mid-1960s
If you're looking for a '60s-inspired Fender Strat with modern convenience and playability, look no further than the Fender American Original '60s Stratocaster. This guitar tips its hat to transition-era Strats of 1965, with a chunky "C" neck profile, a rosewood fingerboard, pearloid dot inlays, and a mint green pickguard. The Fender American Original '60s Strat's 9.5-inch fingerboard radius will please today's lead guitar players, while its period-correct Pure Vintage '65 guitar pickups and contemporary 5-way switching are sure to please tone aficionados. Aged pickup covers and controls give the Fender American original ‘60s Strat a classic played-in look.
Chunky "C" neck with a modern fingerboard radius
The Fender American Original Strat's '60s-era "C" neck profile is suited for all playing styles. It's a little chunkier than the modern Fender "C," but still contoured, for both thumb-behind and thumb-over guitar players. Where the Fender American Original '60s Strat has the advantage over a classic '65 is its enlarged 9.5-inch (from 7.25-inch) fingerboard radius, which allows for upper-register leads and bends with less risk of fretting out.
Pure Vintage '65 pickups
This Strat's Pure Vintage '65 gray bottom single-coils are as period correct as they come, from the fiber bobbins and Alnico V magnets right down to the enamel-coated coil wire and cloth-covered output wires. Wax potting keeps feedback and icepicks to a minimum, while contemporary 5-way switching unlocks in-between tones that are impossible on a true '65.
Classic nitro-finished alder body
The Fender American Original '60s Stratocaster has a lightweight, resonant alder body that retains its full tonal characteristics thanks to a nitrocellulose lacquer finish. This is just another reason why, for classic inspiration and modern playability, it's hard to top the Fender American Original '60s Strat.
Fender American Original '60s Stratocaster Features:
- Tribute to a 1965 Stratocaster
- Pure Vintage '65 pickups are painstakingly period correct
- Modern 5-way switching unlocks in-between tones
- '60s-era "C" maple neck suits all playing styles
- Modern 9.5-inch fingerboard radius minimizes fretting out
- Rosewood fretboard subtly warms leads and thickens chords
- Resonant alder body with breathable nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- 6-saddle synchronized tremolo bridge
- Sustain-enhancing bone nut
- Aged white knobs, pickup covers, and switch tip
- 3-ply mint green pickguard
- Kluson-style vintage tuning machines