Fender American Performer Stratocaster HSS - Aubergine with Rosewood Fingerboard
The American Performer Stratocaster HSS
A modern expression of the solidbody electric guitar that started it all, Fender's American Performer Stratocaster delivers the latest in US-made quality and value. The American Performer Stratocaster HSS boasts a massive tonal range. A duo of Fender Yosemite single-coil pickups — with flat-staggered pole pieces to increase output — serve up classic Strat spank and sparkle, while a hot DoubleTap humbucker simmers at the bridge, ready to sizzle your solos. A push-pull tone knob lets you split the bridge pickup, opening up an extended range of single-coil tones. The second tone pot engages Fender's Greasebucket master tone circuit, which rolls off highs without reducing gain. Not to be overshadowed by its innovative electronics, the American Performer Stratocaster, naturally, features the outstanding comfort and playability you expect from a Fender Strat.
Play a modern classic
The American Performer Stratocaster gives you the best of old and new, with premium features throughout. From its classic contoured alder body and fast, comfortable maple neck to its cutting-edge electronics and premium appointments, the Fender American Performer Stratocaster is today's affordable, American-made expression of Leo Fender's legendary electric guitar. Fender's latest vintage-style 6-screw Synchronized Tremolo bridge/tailpiece is ideal for adding expressive vibrato to your chords and solos, while their vintage/modern ClassicGear tuners and synthetic bone nut provide superior tuning stability.
Truckloads of legendary tone
The Fender American Performer Stratocaster is loaded with a duo of Yosemite single-coil pickups in the neck and middle positions, complemented by a DoubleTap humbucker at the bridge. From chimey, glassy cleans to searing shred, these pups serve up truckloads of classic and modern tone. This potent sonic elixir is stirred through a 5-way blade pickup selector. You can split the bridge pickup to extend your range of single-coil tones by pulling up on the push-pull neck/middle tone knob. The bridge tone pot engages Fender's Greasebucket master tone circuit, which rolls off highs without reducing gain — an incredibly useful feature that many guitarists swear by.
Timeless Strat design
Fender introduced the Stratocaster in 1954, but it was Jimi Hendrix who, 13 years later, put the sleek, contoured solidbody on the map as the 6-string object of desire for generations of guitarists to come. Dressed up in new eye-catching finishes and pickguards, Fender's American Performer Stratocasters make a compelling entrée into this American classic — which is still going strong after more than a half century. The Fender American Performer Stratocaster: there's never been a better time to get into a genuine, American-made Fender Strat.
Fender American Performer Stratocaster Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Yosemite single-coil pickups with flat-staggered pole pieces to increase output
- Push-pull tone knob lets you split the bridge pickup for an extended range of single-coil tones
- Fender's Greasebucket master tone circuit rolls off highs without reducing gain
- Vintage/modern ClassicGear tuners
- Neck pickup: Yosemite Strat single-coil (Alnico 4, 7.8K)
- Middle pickup: Yosemite Strat RWRP single-coil (Alnico 4, 8.5K)
- Bridge pickup: Double Tap humbucker (Alnico 4, 8.2K)
- 5-way blade pickup selector switch
- Master volume control
- Push-pull neck/middle tone control
- Bridge tone control (Greasebucket tone circuit)
- Satin polyurethane body and neck finish
- Comfort-contoured alder body
- Modern "C" profile maple neck
- 9.5"-radius fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets
- 6-screw vintage-style Synchronized Tremolo bridge
- 1.685" synthetic bone nut
- Single-action truss rod with headstock access
- Nickel/chrome hardware
- Quality crafted in America