Fender American Vintage II 72 Telecaster Thinline with Maple FB in Lake Placid Blue
The Fender® American Vintage II series presents a remarkably accurate take on the revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
The Telecaster® Thinline first debuted in July of 1968 and the semi-hollow design was created to produce light instruments from heavy ash. Reimagined in late ’71 around a pair of Wide-Range humbucking pickups mounted to a reshaped curvy Pearloid pickguard, the souped-up second-generation Telecaster Thinline had its first full year of production in 1972. Notably, it was Fender’s first six strings with humbucking pickups and the first Tele® with six adjustable bridge saddles. The American Vintage II 1972 Telecaster® Thinline reproduces the quintessential tone and feel of the original.
Featuring a “C”-shape hard rock maple neck, the American Vintage II 1972 Telecaster® Thinline plays like a dream with a 7.25” radius fingerboard and vintage tall frets. To create authentic Wide-Range humbucking pickups, we resurrected CuNiFe magnets, an essential element in recreating the sonics of the originals. Characteristic of production in 1972, this Thinline is outfitted with a convenient "Bullet" style truss rod nut, three-bolt neck plate with Micro-Tilt™ mechanism, “F” stamped tuners, 6-saddle string-through-body hardtail with bent steel saddles and offered in Aged Natural, 3-Color Sunburst, and Lake Placid Blue over a semi-hollow ash body.
The instruments in the American Vintage II series are direct descendants of the original Fenders: designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fender tone and feel and built with unmatched quality, down to the last screw. These are Fender electrics in their purest form: Fender American Vintage II, the stuff of legends.
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Body Material: Semi-Hollow Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Profile: 1972 "C"
- Fretboard Material: Maple
- Fretboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- No. of Frets: 21 Vintage Tall Frets
- Fretboard Inlays: Black Dot
- Pickups: Authentic CuNiFe Wide-Range Humbucking (Bridge), Authentic CuNiFe Wide-Range Humbucking (Neck)
- Bridge: Pure Vintage 6-Saddle String-Through Body Hardtail with Bent Steel Saddles
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Fender® “F” Stamped
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Case: Vintage-Style Black (Orange Interior)