Fender Artist Johnny Marr Jaguar Guitar with RW Neck in Metallic KO
From The Smiths and The Pretenders to Modest Mouse, The Cribs, and The The, Johnny Marr is a guitar force to be reckoned with. Fender and Johnny Marr have teamed to create the Fender Johnny Marr Jaguar, a signature model guitar that has unmistakable visuals and one that brings his ringing, jangly sound to life. The alder-bodied Jaguar sports a 24-inch scale length with a vintage 7.25-inch fingerboard radius. Custom pickups arm you with plenty of single-coil punch; custom switching and modified hardware give this Jaguar increased playability and stability over its vintage counterparts. In other words, the Johnny Marr Jaguar is ready to pounce!
Unmatched tonal flexibility
Originally intended to be Fender’s top-of-the-line model, the Jaguar is traditionally loaded up with a plethora of switches and tonal options. Johnny’s Jag simplifies this formula with the addition of a 4-way switch, affording you all three of the Jaguar’s traditional pickup combos — neck, neck/bridge, and bridge on the first three settings — with a unique twist on the 4th position: series wiring. By running your pickups in series, the Johnny Marr Jaguar offers a far more robust take on the Jag’s classic jangle, with enhanced midrange and low-end power. What about the vintage-style Jag’s iconic strangle switch? Have no fear, vintage purists: the Johnny Marr Jaguar’s upper horn sports both a universal bright switch and a dedicated bright switch for series mode.
Chunky ’65 “C”-profile neck
While plenty of vintage-era Jaguars came equipped with a skinny toothpick neck, Johnny’s original ’65 boasts a slightly chunkier profile than your typical Jag. It’s no ’50s Tele-style boat neck, but it’s sure to please guitarists who prefer a neck that fills out your palm. The rosewood fingerboard is rounded out with vintage-correct 7.25-inch fretwire, a design that’s far more curved than a modern Fender radius to facilitate rapid-fire arpeggios and Marr-esque rhythm work.
Short scale, big tones
During his rise in the ’80s and early ’90s, Johnny Marr was infamous for his vast collection of 6-strings that spanned just about every brand out there. Funnily enough, one of the few guitars that he didn’t use was the Fender Jaguar! However, after discovering Jags in the early 2000s, Johnny is rarely seen without his 24-inch scale companions. So, why did he make the jump to a short scale? Two reasons: playability and versatility. The Jag’s 24-inch scale length offers far greater playing comfort than Fender’s standard 25.5-inch scale, and luckily enough, its quick, plunky tone is the ideal platform for Marr’s signature jangle. The fact that a single guitar can cover Johnny’s vast sonic range is a true testament to the Jag’s versatility!
Fender Johnny Marr Signature Jaguar Electric Guitar Features:
- Resonant alder body
- 24-inch scale length produces a percussive, jangly tone that's perfect for Marr-style guitar heroics
- Maple neck carved into a slightly chunky “C” profile modeled after Johnny’s own ’65 Jag
- Rosewood fingerboard in a vintage correct 7.25-inch radius — ideal for complex chord work and arpeggios
- Custom Bare Knuckle Johnny Marr Jaguar pickups offer classic Jag chime and jangle, but with some added girth
- 4-way blade switch offers traditional Jaguar pickup positions, in addition to sporting both series/parallel wiring when running both pickups
- Dual bright switches on the upper horn — 1 with universal function and another that’s specifically for the series position
- Modified bridge with nylon post inserts and fixed saddles drastically increases stability
- Nitrocellulose lacquer finish allows your guitar to naturally age over time
- Vintage-style tremolo system with a slightly taller arm and nylon sleeve insert to keep the arm from swinging
- Number of Strings6
- Body TypeSolidbody
- Body ShapeJaguar
- Body MaterialAlder
- Body FinishGloss Lacquer
- ColorMetallic KO
- Neck MaterialMaple
- Neck ShapeCustom
- Neck JointBolt-on
- Fingerboard MaterialRosewood
- Fingerboard InlayDots
- Number of Frets22, Vintage-style
- Scale Length24"
- Nut Width1.650"
- Nut MaterialSynthetic Bone
- Bridge/TailpieceJaguar Bridge with Mustang Saddles and Vintage Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece
- TunersVintage Style Tuning Machines
- Neck PickupCustom Wound Bare Knuckle Johnny Marr Neck Pickup
- Bridge PickupCustom Wound Bare Knuckle Johnny Marr Bridge Pickup
- Controls1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching2 x Slide-Switches, Universal Bright Switch; Bright Switch for Blade Position 4
- StringsFender, .010-.046
- Case/Gig BagHardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:0116400750