Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster Sunburst with Rosewood FB
The Fender Nashville Tele is a bit of a mash-up of the 2 most popular Fender guitars. It looks, plays and feels like any beloved Telecaster however the pickup configuration has a bit of a twist. I would go as far as saying it's a tele with the heart of a Strat.
Strat or Tele?
The pickups are what make this guitar so versatile. The chimey rhythm of a Tex-Mex bridge pickup still remains, as does the warm woody tone of the Tex-Mex neck pickup. The biggest difference is the Tex-Mex Strat pickup in the middle position.
Ultimately, this gives the guitar 2 more pickup voicings than normal. And they are arguably the best positions you would find on any Strat. They are the middle and neck position which gives you a clear but fat neck position sound. A little bit thinner than the neck alone, but with a bit more cut.
The other is the bridge and middle position for a thinner rhythm sound with more bass response (due to the position of the middle pickup). In addition to the normal pickup options(Neck, Middle and Bridge alone), you are left with a session players dream!
The Mexican Deluxe range was made for you to take out on the road and gig with every night. The vintage style tuners provide great stability and simple bolt-on construction means you can really rock out when you need to. The deluxe gigbag prevents hard knocks, and the poly finish will mean your guitar can look brand new for years to come!
Here's what Fender say
As down-home and sophisticated as the city it's named for, the Deluxe Nashville Tele guitar comes with a Tex-Mex Stratocaster pickup in between two Tex-Mex Telecaster pickups. This array, combined with five-way Strat-o-Tone switching, makes it one of the most versatile Telecaster models we make. Features include ash (Amber, Honey Blonde) or alder (Candy Apple Red, Brown Sunburst) body, maple or rosewood fingerboard with medium jumbo frets, brown shell pickguard, vintage-style tuners and vintage-style six-saddle bridge.
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Polyester
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.8 mm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Tex-Mex™ Single-Coil Tele
- Middle Pickup: Tex-Mex™ Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Tex-Mex™ Single-Coil Tele
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Tele
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Tex-Mex™; Strat®; Pickup in the Mid Position with 5-Way Strat-o-Tone™; Switching
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Gig Bag