Fender Nile Rodgers Stratocaster In Olympic White
Nile Rodgers has written, produced, and performed on recordings that have sold more than 500-million albums globally. Every hit record he’s produced has shared one essential element: the used 1960 Fender hardtail Stratocaster® Nile bought in a Miami music shop. Rarely is a single guitar so inseparably identified with its owner as The Hitmaker.
The Hitmaker features a 1960 alder body that is uniquely smaller and more contoured than a typical vintage Strat. The beautiful Olympic White lacquer matches the finish Nile sprayed on the guitar himself just after he acquired it in the early days of Chic. The custom ’59-profile one-piece maple neck has a 9.5” radius fingerboard, medium jumbo frets and a satin finish. A “Nile Rodgers & Chic” logo adorns the back of the headstock and a custom Hitmaker logo is stamped into the neck plate.
The Nile Rodgers Hitmaker single-coil Strat pickups are voiced to accurately replicate the quack, chime and bell-like clarity of the original Hitmaker. Other features include a hard-tail string-through bridge with period-correct bent-steel saddles, an eye-catching mirrored chrome-plated brass pickguard, locking Sperzel® tuners and a set of white speed knobs. The guitar also comes with a vintage-style case with Hitmaker-embroidered interior and a custom certificate of authenticity.
- Body Shape : Stratocaster
- Body Material : Alder
- Body Colour : Olympic White
- Body Finish : Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fretboard Material : Maple
- Fretboard Radius : 9.5" (241 mm)
- Scale Length : 25.5" (648 mm)
- No. of Frets : 21
- Fretboard Inlays : Black Dot
- Pickup(s) : Hitmaker Nile Rogers Strat® (Bridge & Neck), Hitmaker Nile Rogers RWRP Strat® (Middle)
- Bridge : 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Strat® Hardtail with Bent Steel Saddles
- Pickguard : 11-hole Chrome Plated Brass
- Strings : Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Tuning Machines : Sperzel® Locking
- Hardware Finish : Nickel/Chrome
- Case : Deluxe Hardshell Case