Fender Player Plus Telecaster - Silver Smoke with Pau Ferro Fingerboard
Vintage vibe with a modern edge
For their Player Plus Series guitars, Fender went back to the drawing board with updated radii, more historically accurate body shapes, new head-turning finishes, and a classic logo that harkens back to the Fenders of yesteryear. But these smooth-playing instruments also look to the future with modern enhancements that include 22-fret necks, upgraded bridges for better sustain, and state-of-the-art Player Plus Noiseless pickups that crank out legendary Fender tone by the boatload — without the hum. Beyond that, you get a push-pull tone knob that activates a series mode for searing humbucker-like tones.
Delivers punchy Tele sounds with zero hum
You're sure to cut through the mix, thanks to this Telecaster's Player Plus Noiseless single-coil pickups. These pups deliver the warm, sweet twang that has been with us since the dawn of the Tele, but without the dreaded hum that's inherent with vintage-style pickups. If you're into chicken pickin', you'll love the sound of this Telecaster's bridge pickup. And single-line jazz and country lines sound heavenly on the neck pickup. Full-on amp distortion sounds great in either position, yielding tight lows and stinging highs. Aggressive twang, smoky jazz, saturated high-gain — the guitarists here have found that everything sounds great through these state-of-the-art pickups.
Easy-playing maple neck and pau ferro fingerboard
Leo Fender wasn't a guitar player. In fact, he got his start repairing radios. When designing his original instruments, he had no idea that guitars weren't supposed to have maple necks. This Player Plus Telecaster has the revered maple neck and a pau ferro fingerboard, supplying you with a snappy, easy-playing feel. In keeping with contemporary tastes, the Player Plus Telecaster has a more modern "C"-shaped maple neck with a satin urethane finish.
Fender Player Plus Telecaster Features:
- A Telecaster with classic tones and modern playability
- Player Plus Noiseless Tele pickups for vintage tone without the vintage hum
- Push-pull tone knob activates a series mode for searing humbucker-like tones
- Fast-action modern "C"-shaped neck and 22-fret, 12-inch-radius fingerboard
- Synthetic bone nut enhances vibrational transfer through the neck
- Modern 6-saddle string-through bridge supplies a mean bite and excellent intonation
- Fender deluxe cast/sealed locking tuners for rock-solid tuning and easy string changes