Fender Road Worn 50s Telecaster in Lake Placid Blue
The Vintera series captures the tone and spirit of vintage Fender guitars, and with these limited edition Road Worn finishes they look even more like a vintage instrument. This Road Worn model features a nitrocellulose lacquer finish that has been lightly aged and will continue to age gracefully as you play it. Classic Tele tone with a vintage look and feel to match.
Nitrocellulose lacquer was used to finish guitars and basses back in Fender’s golden era of the 50s and 60s. Unlike the modern polyester finishes, nitro wears a lot easier and more gracefully which you can see on vintage Fenders. Nitro is often reserved for the higher-end models, particularly in the custom shop where they relic guitars to give them that vintage, worn-in look. This limited edition Road Worn series brings nitro relic finishes down to a more affordable level. This way you can get a guitar with a vintage aesthetic that’ll age naturally according to your playing without having to break the bank.
Body and Neck
This Tele features an alder body which has been the Fender standard since the late 50s. The maple neck has a “slim U” profile which has a vintage shape that fills the hand nicely but isn’t as cumbersome as those old Fender necks. The matching maple fingerboard features an era-correct 7.25” radius that has a more pronounced curve for comfortable fretting of chords. Like the body, the neck also features a Road Worn nitro finish for a smooth, worn-in, instantly familiar feel.
Pickups and Hardware
Not only does the Road Worn Vintera Tele look the part it also sounds the part of a vintage Tele too. With its two vintage-style 50s single-coils you get that quintessential Tele tone. Warm and smooth in the neck, powerful twang in the bridge, and plenty of funky tones in the middle position.
Other classic appointments include a 3-way blade switch, knurled flat-top control knobs, vintage-style tuners, and a 3-saddle bridge with brass saddles for improved resonance.
- Series: Vintera
- Country Of Origin: MX
- Color: Lake Placid Blue
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Road Worn Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Road Worn Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Slim "U"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Vintage Tall
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage Style '50s Single-Coil Hot Tele®
- Neck Pickup: Vintage Style '50s Single-Coil Hot Tele®
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge, Position 2. Bridge and Neck, Position 3. Neck
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Brass Barrel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top