Gibson Acoustic G-200 EC Acoustic Electric in Natural
Exceptionally smooth playability
The G-200's neck is made from utile, a mahogany-like wood with superb tonal characteristics. Its advanced-response profile feels at home in your hand whether you're playing chords or single-note leads. And as you traverse the neck, you'll appreciate the smooth feel of its 25.5-inch-scale striped-ebony fingerboard. With a neck that plays this smooth, you'll be able to play longer with less fatigue.
Matchless tonewood combination in a big acoustic
The G-200 is teeming with gorgeous acoustic tone and big volume! Its Sitka spruce top yields a direct, punchy sound with incomparable dynamic range. Play the G-200 as hard as you want — it can take it. By virtue of its walnut back and sides, you'll experience a tone that sounds like a cross between the dark warmth of rosewood and the bright, bell-like ring of maple. As a jumbo-bodied acoustic, the G-200 is the descendant of Gibson's original "King of the Flat Tops," with a slightly oversized body than a standard dreadnought. This acoustic packs some serious projection. You can easily serenade a large gathering in your living room without even plugging in with the G-200.
That said, with the LR Baggs Element Bronze system in the G-200, you will want to plug in every chance you get. This renowned system has won over legions of players for its incredibly authentic acoustic tone. The Element under-saddle transducer has a minimalist design and broad surface contact area that help you get the most out of your instrument. It is engineered to sense every movement of your guitar's top, delivering natural tone that is free of the typical piezo "quack" that can plague many under-saddle designs. It is also a fantastic way for modern fingerstyle players to get the most from their percussive techniques. And with controls located conveniently in the soundhole, you won't have an unsightly preamp cut into the side of your guitar.
Gibson G-200 EC Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Proudly handmade in the USA
- Player Port feature enhances your access to the sonic output of each strum and each note
- Sitka spruce top yields a direct, punchy sound with incomparable dynamic range
- Walnut back and sides deliver a gorgeous balance of dark warmth and bright, bell-like ring
- LR Baggs Element Bronze system delivers a massive amount of rich, authentic acoustic tone when you plug in
- Element under-saddle transducer has a minimalist design and broad surface contact area
- Controls located conveniently in the soundhole for fast, easy adjustments
- Easy-playing advanced-response utile neck with striped-ebony fingerboard
- Classic Grover Mini Rotomatic tuners ensure spot-on intonation