Gibson Original Collection Les Paul Standard 60 in Unburst (211120364)
From its carved maple top to its stockpile of premium features, the Gibson Les Paul Standard ’60s is ready to rock. 60s Burstbucker pickups and handwired electronics deliver a massive tone arsenal. And you’ll enjoy effortless playability courtesy of a fast SlimTaper-profile neck and silky-smooth rosewood fingerboard with Plek’d frets. If you’ve been wanting a modern Les Paul with a slinky ’60s feel and premium appointments, Sweetwater has your axe. The Gibson Les Paul Standard ’60s is the guitar you’ve been waiting for.
Burstbucker pickups deliver vintage PAF tone
When it comes to capturing vintage Patent Applied For (PAF) humbucker tone, nothing beats the sound of this Les Paul Standard’s 60s Burstbucker pickups. These magnets — along with period-correct unmatched windings on the bobbins — capture the subtle historical variations in true humbucker tone. Plug into your favorite amp, and experience smooth low-end response, complex midrange crunch, and sweet-sounding highs. These pickups sound great clean or they can be used to push your amp into overdrive for the legendary fat, snarling tone you can only get with a humbucker. Under the hood, the control assembly is handwired with matched potentiometers and Orange Drop capacitors, ensuring that you’ll hear the mellifluous voice of your Les Paul Standard ’60s in all its glory, even when you back down your volume.
SlimTaper neck and Plek’d frets for optimized playability
Comfort and playability were two of Gibson’s primary concerns when they were designing the Les Paul Standard ’60s. You’ll be delighted by how this guitar’s SlimTaper neck profile comfortably fits your hand in just the right way. For your playing pleasure, the rosewood fingerboard is buffed to silky smoothness and bound with rolled edges so that no fret ends impede your dexterity. The frets are dressed to perfection using a Plek Pro machine for optimized playability. Typically reserved for top-dollar custom guitars, this process levels the frets with pinpoint precision, providing you with the most playable fretboard you’re likely to own.
Nitro finish for the look and feel of a classic
Gibson gave the Les Paul Standard ’60s a gorgeous nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Nitro finishes — standard back in the day — are significantly thinner than today’s polyurethane finishes, allowing the guitar to “breathe.” Nitro finishes not only look amazing, but they also enhance the instrument’s tonal qualities. The Les Paul Standard ’60s has the look and feel of a lovingly cared-for classic — one that will only improve with age.
Gibson Les Paul Standard ’60s Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Mahogany body, AA figured maple top; gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck, SlimTaper profile, gloss nitro finish
- Rosewood fingerboard, 12" radius, acrylic trapezoid inlays
- Plek Pro fret treatment for optimized playability
- 24.75" scale length; 22 medium jumbo frets
- 60s Burstbucker humbuckers
- Handwired electronics with Orange Drop capacitors
- 3-way pickup selector; per-pickup volume and tone controls
- ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge; stopbar tailpiece
- 1.695" Graph Tech nut (proprietary Gibson formula)
- Grover Rotomatic tuning machines
- Single-action truss rod
Tech Specs :
- Number of Strings : 6
- Left-/Right-handed : Right-handed
- Body Type : Solidbody
- Body Shape : Les Paul Standard '60s
- Body Material : Mahogany
- Top Material : AA Figured Maple
- Body Finish : Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color : Unburst
- Neck Material : Mahogany
- Neck Shape : Slim Taper
- Neck Joint : Set Neck
- Radius : 12"
- Fingerboard Material : Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay : Acrylic Trapezoids
- Number of Frets : 22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length : 24.75"
- Nut Width : 1.695"
- Nut Material : GraphTech
- Bridge/Tailpiece : ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic with Stopbar
- Tuners: Grover Rotomatics
- Neck Pickup : Gibson 60s Burstbucker Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup : Gibson 60s Burstbucker Humbucker
- Controls : 2 x volume, 2 x tone
- Switching : 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings : Gibson, .010-.046
- Case/Gig Bag : Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number : LPS600UBNH1