Ibanez Jake Bowen Signature JBM9999 in Azure Metallic Matte
Hard-hitting tonewood cocktail for a prog metal titan
To pummel audiences with Periphery's genre-defining progressive metal and djent stylings, Ibanez and Jake Bowen went with the tried-and-true combination of basswood for the body, maple and walnut for the neck, and ebony for the fingerboard in constructing the JBM9999. players looking for shredder guitars commonly cite basswood as a favorite due to its incredibly light weight and full, even sound. The JBM9999 sports a rock-solid 5-piece maple and walnut neck, smooth as silk in your fretting hand and sturdy enough to handle nightly performances, humidity changes, and other rigors of the road. Sweep and chug your way through a few tunes, and the JBM9999's ebony fingerboard is sure to please — this silky tonewood is ideal for speedy playing and heavier genres requiring finger acrobatics across all 27 frets.
DiMarzio Mirage humbuckers bring wide-ranging sonic heat
Adorning the JBM9999 are a pair of DiMarzio Mirage pickups, with a full-sized humbucker in the bridge and a single-coil-sized humbucker in the neck. These humbuckers pair with a sophisticated switching system for a wide-ranging and searing tone fit for several situations. Put the pickup selector switch in the neck position, and you'll tap into the smooth, sustaining sound of the single-coil-sized Mirage, perfect for leads and lower-gain applications necessitating absolute clarity. Move to position 4, and the neck humbucker is wired in parallel for enhanced transparency. The center position selects both pickups for the boldest sound possible, with position 2 selecting the bridge side of the neck humbucker and the neck side of the bridge humbucker for unique tonality. Position 1 jacks in the bridge humbucker for some serious heat, tapping into the full power of the Mirage for gut-punching girth and intense saturation.
Ibanez Jake Bowen Signature JBM9999 Electric Guitar Features:
- 6-string shredder guitar designed for Periphery's Jake Bowen
- Lightweight and resonant basswood body lays a balanced tonal foundation
- 5-piece maple and walnut neck feels sturdy in the hands while lending additional resonance
- Ebony fingerboard feels silky-smooth across all 27 frets
- DiMarzio Mirage humbuckers in the neck and bridge combine with a 5-way switch for wide-ranging metal tone
- Gotoh locking tuners make string changes a breeze
- Gibraltar Elite bridge keeps everything sounding pitch-perfect