Ibanez Steve Vai Signature PIA Guitar in Stallion White
Body & Neck
Aesthetically, the PIA guitar takes Vai's signature design style to the next level. Eye-catching finishes, intricate floral patterns, luxurious gold hardware - the works.
In terms of functional design, the construction promises precise and dynamic performance. A solid alder body features a renewed take on Vai’s signature handhold feature, while the rosewood fretboard boasts a beautiful multi-coloured blossom inlay. The multi-piece neck is comprised of maple and walnut, and the new PIA neck profile promises graceful navigation of the 24-fret range.
Hardware & Electronics
Arguably the headline feature is an HSH set of new DiMarzio UtoPIA pickups. These have been specially voiced by Vai and DiMarzio to offer a smoother treble response and a more pronounced low-end - pristine modern tones. DiMarzio have also added a distinct finish to the pickups, perfectly complementing the guitar's vibrant aesthetic.
Ibanez's Edge tremolo bridge is combined with the groundbreaking Lion's Claw tremolo cavity. This allows for rapid vibrato with dramatic pitch range - no limits to your expression.
Make no mistake: the PIA range is the culmination of a working relationship between Vai and Ibanez that spans over 3 decades. This is arguably the ultimate Vai signature model, and a first-class performance instrument in every sense.
- Neck Type: PIA/5pc Maple/walnut
- Top/back/body: Alder Body
- Fretboard: Rosewood Fretboard/PIA Blossom Inlay
- Fret: Jumbo Stainless Steel Frets/Prestige Fret Edge Treatment
- Number Of Frets: 24
- Bridge: Edge Tremolo Bridge
- String Space: 10.8mm
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio Utopia (H) Neck Pickup (passive/ceramic)
- Middle Pickup: DiMarzio Utopia (S) Middle Pickup (passive/alnico)
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio Utopia (H) Bridge Pickup (passive/ceramic)
- Factory Tuning: 1E, 2B, 3G, 4D, 5A, 6E
- Strings: D'addario EXL120
- String Gauge: .009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042
- Nut: Locking Nut
- Hardware Color: Gold