Kramer SM-1 Maximum Steel
Like a hot-rodded '80s original, the Kramer SM-1 solidbody electric guitar packs a ton of appeal for heavy metal guitarists. With a pair of Seymour Duncan Cool Rails humbuckers combined with a JB humbucker at the bridge, the SM-1 delivers a world of vivacious tones to explore, from plucky cleans to rich, punchy rhythms and leads. And with its Floyd Rose 1000 series tremolo and locking nut, you can dive bomb and generate harmonic squeals with amazing tuning stability. Complete with its K-Speed SlimTaper neck profile for fast, fluid playability, the Kramer SM-1 guitar is ready to rock.
Floyd Rose tremolo for twisting, bending, and dive-bombing
Do you dive-bomb? Shriek? Squeal? Flutter? Of course you do! Similar to other high-performance solidbody electric guitars, the SM-1 comes equipped with a rock-solid Floyd Rose 1000 series double-locking trem with R2 locking nut. It can be used for subtle vibrato or full-blown dive bombs — the choice is yours. Either way, you’ll experience the same response and tuning stability that you'd expect from a Floyd Rose. Whether you use it or abuse it, you won't have trouble keeping the SM-1 in tune.
Seymour Duncan pickups = the sound of rock
Kramer’s SM-1 was built for hard rock. Its Seymour Duncan JB bridge pickup is one of the most popular in the world, serving up the classic sound of a hot-rodded humbucker. You know, that sound — the one we've all loved for over 30 years. And with a pair of Cool Rails humbuckers in the neck and middle positions, you've got a wide tonal range to explore. Even better, the master volume boasts a treble bleed mod and a mini toggle switch gives you access to split-coil tones too.
Kramer: rocking hard since the '80s
Kramer guitars were at the forefront of the '80s metal scene, with endorsements from pros like Eddie Van Halen, Neil Schon, Richie Sambora, and others. Kramer guitars have been the guitar of choice for some of the hardest rocking guitarists in the world, and you can tap into that experience yourself with the Baretta Special. You're getting more than a great value with the Kramer Baretta Special, you're getting a guitar that's built to rock.
Kramer SM-1 Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Brings a classic '80s shredder to a new generation
- Robust tone from three Seymour Duncan humbucking pickups
- Fast, fluid playability from the K-Speed SlimTaper neck profile and 14"-radius fretboard
- Floyd Rose 1000 series tremolo and R2 locking nut allow for expressive bends and dives with amazing tuning stability
- Mini toggle gives you access to split-coil tones
- Treble Bleed mod on Master Volume control
TECH SPECS :
- Number of Strings : 6
- Left-/Right-handed : Right-handed
- Body Type : Solidbody
- Body Shape : SM-1
- Body Material : Mahogany
- Body Finish : Gloss
- Color : Maximum Steel
- Neck Material : Mahogany
- Neck Shape : K-Speed SlimTaper C
- Neck Joint : Neck-through
- Radius : 14"
- Fingerboard Material : Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay : HS Motif
- Number of Frets : 24, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length : 25.5"
- Nut Width : 1.625"
- Nut Material : Floyd Rose R2 Locking
- Bridge/Tailpiece : Floyd Rose 1000 Series Locking Tremolo
- Tuners : Black Die-cast
- Neck Pickup : Seymour Duncan Cool Rails Humbucker
- Middle Pickup : Seymour Duncan Cool Rails Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup : Seymour Duncan JB Humbucker
- Controls : 1 x master volume (treble bleed mod), 1 x master tone, 1 x mini-switch (coil-split bridge)
- Switching : 5-way blade pickup switch
- Strings : .009-.042
- Case/Gig Bag : Sold Separately
- Manufacturer Part Number : KSM1MXBF1