Marshall DSL20HR 20-watt Tube Head
Marshall's Legendary DSL Is Back in Action
Tap into burly Marshall tone anywhere from your bedroom to the stage, with the Marshall DSL20HR tube amp head. With per-channel Gain and Volume controls, a dedicated Resonance control, reverb, and an effects loop, the DSL20HR is ready to rock. And with its adjustable power level, you can dial in cranked-amp tones that won't wake your neighbors — or even use the Softube speaker-emulated output for direct recording and monitoring. Marshall even refined the EQ section for extremely versatile tone shaping. From glassy cleans to bone-rattling crunch to blistering high gain, your wish is the Marshall DSL20HR's command.
A 20-watt tone beast
Marshall's DSL20HR is an all-tube, twin-channel workhorse capable of conjuring any classic Marshall sound — past or present. Three ECC83s in the preamp section (in concert with the amp's gain/master volume arrangement) give you stunning tone-shaping mojo, and with two EL34s in the engine room, you have enough volume to rule smaller bars and clubs. Marshall has gone on to fit this little beast with critical upgrades that give you even more control over your sound. A Resonance control (as opposed to the original's fixed deep switch) lets you dial in your preferred amount of low-end girth. You also get studio-grade digital reverb (instead of spring), high and low power settings, and a rear-panel series effects loop. Marshall has even included a 2-way footswitch for channel switching and the FX loop.
The DSL series — a revered tonal heritage
The Marshall DSL20HR hails from a revered lineage. Marshall introduced the JCM2000 Dual Super Lead (DSL) series amps in 1997. Right from the get-go, these all-tube monsters enjoyed enthusiastic approval by guitarists and the press alike, forming the backlines of top acts in all musical genres and bludgeoning audiences worldwide for a decade before being replaced by Marshall's JVM series (a musical powerhouse in its own right). Considered the go-to rock amp by many tone-savvy guitarists, there is considerable pent-up demand for Dual Super Leads. And thus, Marshall is proud to introduce the new-and-improved DSL series.
Softube speaker-emulated output
Marshall has teamed up with software mavens Softube to create exceptional tones in their CODE series of amplifiers, and they've joined forces again on the DSL20HR. Its line output features an accurate emulation of Marshall's iconic 1960 speaker cabinet, allowing you to plug directly into a recording chain with confidence. Guitarists at Sweetwater love flexible recording options, and the DSL20HR delivers.
Marshall DSL20HR Tube Amp Head Features:
- Capable of conjuring any classic Marshall sound — past or present
- 2 channels — Classic Gain and Ultra Gain
- High and low power modes allow you to dial in appropriate volume for any setting
- Line output with Softube's accurate emulation of a Marshall 1960 cab
- Highly effective Resonance control replaces the original's fixed deep switch
- Refined EQ section gives you incredible tonal flexibility
- Studio-grade digital reverb
- Rear-panel series effects loop
- Included 2-way footswitch for channel switching and FX loop on/off
- Number of Channels:2
- Total Power:20W (10W power setting)
- Preamp Tubes:3 x ECC83
- Power Tubes:2 x EL34
- EQ:3-band EQ, Tone Shift, Resonance
- Inputs:1 x 1/4" (instrument), 1 x 1/8" (aux in)
- Outputs:2 x 1/4" (8 ohm), 1 x 1/4" (16 ohm), 1 x 1/8" (Softube emulated out)
- Effects Loop:Yes
- Footswitch I/O:1 x 1/4" (channel, effects loop)
- Footswitch Included:Yes, 2-button footswitch
- Construction Material:Black Tolex
- Power Source:Standard IEC AC cable
- Weight:21.3 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:M-DSL20HR-U