Martin D-28 Modern Deluxe in Natural
Woods aged to perfection with Martin’s VTS
Tone connoisseurs are always in search of the perfect guitar tone, and in the acoustic world, one of the most loved tones is that of a vintage Martin. We’re talking guitars that have aged well over 50 years. Martin Guitars recently perfected a unique way of torrefying the top woods and braces of their guitars to achieve the sound of an aged and broken-in Martin. The Vintage Tone System (VTS) lets Martin age the woods to a specific age/time period without the typical change in color of the wood from the torrefaction process. A special vintage gloss finish is then hand-applied to give the guitar the coloring of a vintage instrument. Martin’s guitars with VTS tops not only look like vintage guitars, but they also have that sought-after sound.
Modern advancements for a classic design
While they’ve been known for over a century of distinction, the luthiers at Martin are happy to embrace modern enhancements if it means better tone for you, the player. In the Martin D-28 Modern Deluxe, you’ll find modern advancements such as a steel truss rod and Liquidmetal bridge pins. And the inclusion of a carbon fiber bridge plate boosts volume without adding more weight. Even the neck shape has been refined for maximum playability and comfort. Martin fans are wary of changes to a winning recipe, but we’ve embraced the sound of Martin’s Modern Deluxe improvements.
Martin D-28 Modern Deluxe Acoustic Guitar Features:
- Classic Martin style and tone with modern advancements
- Vintage Tone System (VTS) ages the woods to a specific age/time period
- Solid Sitka spruce top for amazing projection and great note definition
- Solid East Indian rosewood back and sides for a well-balanced tonal range
- Modern enhancements include a steel truss rod, Liquidmetal bridge pins, and carbon fiber bridge plate
- Refined neck shape for maximum comfort and playability