PRS SE Custom 24-08 in Vintage Sunburst 2021
Eight Pickup Combinations and Legendary Playability
With the PRS SE Custom 24-08 solidbody electric guitar, PRS brings one of their most sonically versatile guitars to their most affordable line of instruments. It's loaded with a pair of TCI (Tuned Capacitance and Inductance) humbucking pickups and advanced switching options to yield every type of tone a modern guitarist could ask for. Two mini toggle switches serve as coil taps for each pickup, allowing you to switch between fat humbucking tones and chiming single-coil tones instantly — there's even a "dual single-coil" mode unique to this model. Complete with PRS's Pattern Wide Thin neck profile for comfortably fast playability, there's a lifetime of musical exploration that's yours for the taking with the PRS SE Custom 24-08.
TCI humbucking pickups
The PRS SE Custom 24-08 guitar is loaded with a pair of versatile TCI "S" humbucking pickups. These pickups are treated to PRS’s TCI (Tuned Capacitance and Inductance) tuning, which means the team at PRS has tapped their years of know-how to sculpt a superb sound. The end result is a very musical pickup that’s true to its lineage, but updated for the modern player. Guitarists at Sweetwater love these pickups, and we think you will, too.
Advanced switching for eight distinct tones
The "-08" in this model's moniker refers to the eight distinct tones you can conjure. With the 3-way blade switch you can access the pickup positions you'd expect from a dual-humbucker guitar — neck only, neck plus bridge, and bridge only. The two mini-toggle switches allow you to explore five more combinations — each switch engages a coil tap for each pickup, giving you access to snappy, articulate single-coil tones.
- PRS's acclaimed Custom 24-08 joins the affordable SE series
- 2 dual TCI "S" humbucking pickups have been tuned for maximum tonal balance, clarity, and response
- Dual mini-toggle switches engage a coil tap for each pickup for access to single-coil tones; unique dual single-coil setting available
- High-quality PRS hardware and patented tremolo bridge
- Pattern Wide Thin neck for a comfortably fast feel
TECH SPECS :
- Number of Strings : 6
- Left-/Right-handed : Right-handed
- Body Type : Solidbody
- Body Shape : SE Custom 24-08
- Body Material : Mahogany
- Top Material : Flamed Maple
- Body Finish : Gloss Polyurethane
- Color : Vintage Sunburst
- Neck Material : 3-Piece Maple
- Neck Shape : Pattern Wide Thin
- Neck Joint : Set Neck
- Radius : 10"
- Fingerboard Material : Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay : White Pearloid Old School Birds
- Number of Frets : 24, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length : 25"
- Nut Width : 1.6875"
- Nut Material : Synthetic/Bronze powder blend
- Bridge/Tailpiece : PRS Molded Tremolo
- Tuners : PRS Designed
- Neck Pickup : PRS TCI-tuned "S" Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup : PRS TCI-tuned "S" Humbucker
- Controls : 1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Switching : 2-way mini-switch (coil-tap), 3-way blade pickup switch
- Strings : D'Addario, .009-.042
- Case Included : Gig Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number : 107994:VS