PRS SE Mark Holcomb - Holcomb Burst
Specialized for the needs of Mark Holcomb
The guitar playing in Periphery is quickly becoming the standard for today's progressive metal, and Mark Holcomb is a lot of the reason why. His style combines exotic note runs, intense jack-hammer riffing, and fluty single-note melodies, and he needs a guitar that can deliver on all fronts. While his Maryland-made signature model has been a huge hit for PRS, this SE model makes his signature instrument attainable for a much wider audience.
A fast feel for progressive players
Every aspect of the SE Mark Holcomb solidbody electric guitar has been crafted to allow an unrestricted playing experience that craves high-speed fretwork. The maple neck is capped with a beautiful piece of ebony that feels sleek under your fingers, while its 20-inch fretboard radius aids in wide bends and nimble string-to-string playing. The neck also boasts PRS's famed wide-thin neck carve that is full enough to remain comfortable, but thin enough for you to fly up and down the frets.
Muscular but clear tones
The engines that make the SE Mark Holcomb run are its duet of Mark Holcomb signature Alpha and Omega Seymour Duncan passive humbucking pickups. Each pickup was designed to achieve a very specific result. The Omega bridge pickup is focused and aggressive in the mids and lows for plenty of punch, while retaining enough highs to ensure high-gain note clarity. The Alpha neck pickup combines the fat and glassy sounds of other neck humbuckers with plenty of pick attack and clear fretting-hand phrasing. And a push-pull tone knob adds single-coil type tones to the guitar's voice.
Paul Reed Smith Mark Holcomb Signature SE Electric Guitar Features:
- Signature model for Periphery's Mark Holcomb
- Updated headstock design
- Mahogany body with beautiful quilt maple top
- Features newly redesigned violin top carve for professional feel
- Holcomb signature Seymour Duncan Alpha and Omega humbucking pickups
- 25.5-inch scale adds note definition and low-tuning stability
- Fixed-bridge design aids in solid tuning under heavy playing
- Push-pull tone knob accesses single-coil-style tones
- Sleek-feeling ebony fretboard caps a maple set neck
- Comes from the factory in Drop C tuning