Schecter Nick Johnston PT Signature in Atomic Snow
Nick Johnston is part of a new wave of 21st Century guitar virtuosos — praised for his soulful instrumental music that infuses his slick, melodic legato playing style with dramatic, film soundtrack-esque accompaniment. A Schecter artist for a number of years, Johnston's new PT signature model offers classic T-type charm but boasts a number of modern-day refinements to suit the latest generation of players.
This stunning guitar comes in a tasteful Atomic Frost finish, with its most noteworthy features including a super-solid Roasted Maple neck with 22 jumbo frets, a unique humbucker/single-coil pickup configuration, locking tuners, and a Graph Tech nut. Trust us, this instrument is a high-performance workhorse!
- Alder Body — Timeless tonewood choice synonymous with bolt-on electric guitars. Serves as a balanced sonic foundation for the pickups, with tight lows, bold mids and singing highs.
- Roasted Maple Neck — 'Roasting' process removes moisture from the wood, making the neck far less vulnerable to warping when exposed to varying climates and ensuring incredible tuning stability.
- Bolt-On Construction — Yields a snappy tone for an immediate note response.
- Ebony Fingerboard — Dark and silky material provides a luxurious feel.
- 22 Jumbo Frets — Large size offers a controllable feel for wide vibrato and pitch-perfect string bends.
- Humbucker/Single-Coil Pickup Configuration — Proprietary Diamond Series pickups combine the classic "twang" of a bridge single-coil with the warmth and low-end punch of a neck position humbucker. 3-way pickup selector switch provides a wide tonal palette.
- Push-Pull Tone Knob — Splits the neck humbucker; letting you attain the traditional T-style pickup combo.
- Schecter Locking Tuners — Ingenious locking mechanism makes restringing easier and means less string winds around the tuning posts; resulting a better tuning stability.
- Graph Tech Nut — Low-friction material minimises unwanted tuning slips and enhances sustain.
- Body Shape: PT
- Body Material: Alder
- Neck Material: Roasted Hard Rock Maple
- Neck Shape: Nick Johnston 'C'
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Inlays: Brass Circles
- Bridge: PT S Hardtail
- Tuners: Schecter Locking
- Nut: Graph Tech
- Bridge Pickup: Diamond NJ SC
- Neck Pickup: Diamond ‘78
- Controls: Volume, Tone (Push-Pull), 3-Way Lever Pickup Selector Switch