Schecter PT Van Nuys - Natural
Classic T-style Electric Conjures Vintage Tone and Playability
If you’re jonesing for vintage T-style tone and playability, the Schecter PT Van Nuys will more than satisfy your cravings. The Van Nuys is made from a lightweight, resonant ash body with a roasted maple neck and fingerboard, a tonewood combo that positively oozes rich midrange and punchy treble through and through — that same tone that Pete Townshend fell for all those decades ago! All that lush tonewood resonance is translated beautifully via dual Schecter USA SuperRock Vintage pickups, which are faithful re-creations of a 1980s design made popular by The Who and their legendary lead guitarist — and once you hear them through your favorite amp, you will hear why. You also get stellar sustain support on this rocking axe, thanks to a Diamond Vintage Tremolo bridge.
Roasted neck and fingerboard
By roasting the maple neck and fingerboard on the PT Van Nuys, Schecter made a good thing only better. The roasting removes any impurities left behind in the natural curing process, giving the maple more overall resonance. And the Thin “C” profile of this sumptuous neck feels amazing in your hand, ideal for hard-hitting chords and lead runs up and down the fingerboard. All those chords and leads find their sweet spot easily thanks to the 22 X-Jumbo frets — a favorite among guitarists here.
Pair of humbuckers designed for powerful tone
You will get lost in an absolute forest of tone with the pair of SuperRock Vintage pickups in the Van Nuys. These vintage-heavy humbuckers are wound for detail and power. With Alnico Vs and a direct-coupled construction, these pickups not only deliver classic humbucker tone, but they are anchored to the body and neck for an even more intimate connection that translates to even better sonic results. And with a split-coil design and a 5-way switch, you can tap some juicy single-coil bite and bark along with more subtle, smooth textures suited for everything from jazz to blues to ambient.
Schecter PT Van Nuys Solidbody Electric Features:
- Vintage-inspired T-style solidbody loaded with features for classic tone and playability
- Lightweight, resonant ash body with a roasted maple neck and fingerboard for rich midrange and punchy treble
- Dual Schecter USA SuperRock Vintage pickups deliver classic humbucker tone
- Split-coil design and 5-way switch for juicy single-coil bite and bark along with more subtle, smooth tones
- Roasting process on neck and fingerboard removes any impurities left behind in the natural curing process, giving the maple more overall resonance
- Thin “C” profile neck ideal for hard-hitting chords and lead runs up and down the fingerboard
- Diamond Vintage Tremolo bridge for stellar sustain support