Walrus Audio ARP 87 Multi-Function Delay in Kamakura Series
Feature-rich delay packed with inspirational delay algorithms. Digital, Analog, Lo-fi and Slap Back help go from rhythmic riffs to warm, murky repeats.
Iillustrated by Crisalys, the Kamakura series combines a beautiful mashup of her unique style of illustration with traditional Sumi-e art. Beginning in February of 2022, we partnered with Crisalys to take on the arduous task of creating 10 unique pieces of art by drawing inspiration from traditional Japanese folklore. Not only did she absolutely crush that, but she found ways to make the art still share similiar themes to the pedal’s original art concepts.
The pedal names are all translated to Katakana by translator, Baylor Wilson and our own Japanese distributor, Takahiro Kaneko. Takahiro served as a cultural advisor and played an integral part in developing the context and translations.
The ARP-87 is a compact, feature-rich delay, packed with a large pallet of inspirational delay tones. Featuring four main algorithms, digital, analog, lo-fi, and slap back, the ARP-87 can cover some serious ground in the world of echoes.
The Digital algorithm boasts pristine, crystal clear repeats great for rhythmic riffs. The Analog setting works well to add warmth and dimension to chords and lines without getting in the way. The Lo-Fi algorithm, with its adjustable frequency range on the repeats, goes from warm, warped, and murky, to strait AM radio. Finally, the Slap setting makes it easy to dial in a great slap back echo perfect for smoking chicken pickin’ runs. With other features like our smart bypass switching, and momentary knob ramp, the ARP-87 provides endless creative opportunities that are waiting to be explored.
- The ARP-87 comes in a Frosted Charcoal finish with cream and seafoam ink featuring original artwork by Chris Castro of a lone ship traveling through the ARP-87 Galaxies
- The diecast enclosure’s exact size is 4.77" x 2.6" x 1.39"
- Power requirements are 9VDC (100mA minimum)
- The use of an isolated power supply is recommended for powering all Walrus Audio Pedals
- Daisy chain power supplies are not recommended; power supply not included