Yamaha Revstar Standard RSS20 in Black
Yamaha have great heritage in the music industry and in recent times have carved out a niche in offering extremely high-quality electric guitars at a modest price-point. With a chambered Mahogany body, carbon-reinforced neck, powerful humbuckers and stainless steel frets — the Revstar Standard RSS20 offers a lot of bang for your buck!
- Chambered Mahogany Body — The innovative chambering pattern was developed using advanced measurement and modelling tools to specifically sculpt tone and increase resonance while lowering weight.
- 3-Piece Mahogany Neck with Carbon Reinforcement — Multi-piece/carbon design yields amazing rigidity; dramatically improving tuning stability.
- Satin Neck Finish — Provides a slippery, non-sticky feel for fast playability.
- Jumbo Stainless Steel Frets — Large size offers a controllable feel for wide vibrato and pitch-perfect string bends. Stainless steel material is corrosion-resistant and harder to wear down than conventional fret-wire.
- Alnico V Humbuckers — Proprietary pickups deliver the punchy sounds you'd expect from humbuckers, with added warmth.
- Passive Push/Pull 'Focus Switch' — A passive boost function that evokes the sound of overwound pickups.
- 5-Way Pickup Switching — A circuit that puts a new twist on coveted "in between" sounds.
The pairing of Mahogany body and Maple top has been a classic wood combination for electric guitars since 1952, and for good reason. Mahogany has a warm character with a full and rich mid-range and subdued treble; offering a thick, smooth tone. This is balanced with the Maple top, which adds brightness and top-end clarity. In combination, they produce a full and rounded tone with chunky lows, punchy mids and crisp highs.
Effortless Playability & Performance
The neck of a guitar is your main point of contact, so how it feels can make or break a guitar. The Revstar Standard has a comfy 3-piece Mahogany neck with a satin finish. Satin finishes are beloved by guitar players for their silky-smooth feel that allows you to fly effortlessly up and down the neck without it feeling sticky. The neck is reinforced with carbon too, allowing the neck to stay totally rigid even with changing climates and weather conditions; making it extremely resistant to warping or bowing.
The neck is topped with a Rosewood fingerboard. Rosewood has a velvety-soft feel that simply glides under the fingers, and it adds warmth and mid-range to the tone that smooths out the high-end for a raunchy, warm tone.
Powerful & Versatile Tone
This Revstar Standard comes fitted with a pair of Yamaha's proprietary VH5 Alnico V humbuckers. Alnico V has a punchier tone than Alnico II, giving it a fat clean tone and raunchy overdrive. As the name suggests, humbuckers cancel the hum that is inherent in single-coil pickups. It also changes the tone; providing a fatter and more powerful sound. Humbuckers offer smooth, mellow cleans and beefy overdrive.
What's more, with the push-pull "Focus Switch" you can engage a passive boost to give your pickups some extra grit for when you really want to push your sound over the edge!
- Body Wood: Chambered Mahogany
- Top Wood: Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Cream
- Neck Construction: Set-Neck
- Neck Wood: 3-Piece Mahogany with Carbon Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Wood: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Nut: PPS
- Frets: 22, Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Bridge: Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuners: Die-Cast
- String Spacing: 10.5mm
- Neck Pickup: VH5n Alnico V Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: VH5b Alnico V Humbucker
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone (Push-Pull "Focus Switch")
- Switching: 5-Way Lever Switch
- Case: Gig Bag
- Strings: D'Addario Nanoweb Light (.010-.046)