Epiphone J-45 EC Acoustic Electric in Aged Vintage Sunburst Gloss
A Faithful Homage to a Classic Acoustic Guitar
Epiphone’s J-45 Acoustic Guitar pays faithful homage to an absolute legend. Debuting in 1942, the J-45 is considered by many to be the dreadnought that set the standard for those that would follow. The J-45 immediately established itself as a favorite among wartime musicians like Woody Guthrie for its balanced, robust low end and rugged midrange, which perfectly complemented the voices of the growing folk music scene. The J-45 would go on to become a widely popular instrument, earning the nickname "The Workhorse." The J-45 features the same solid Sitka spruce top of the original, paired with a solid mahogany back and sides for that signature J-45 tone. The mahogany neck with Indian laurel fingerboard is instantly comfortable and responsive. And when you need to plug in, onboard Fishman electronics deliver pristine amplified acoustic sound.
Classic design and details
The design of the Epiphone J-45 stays true to its inspiration with the same sloped-shoulder cut and one-of-a kind vintage sunburst. Yes, there are countless acoustics that feature a sunburst top. But none is quite as immediately recognizable as the one you'll find on the J-45. And the Epiphone J-45 captures the original faithfully, leaving you and your audience transfixed by its signature muted gold center and dark brown fade. In addition, a classic burgundy, tortoise-shell pickguard and ivory binding are added true-to-the-original appointments that J-45 fans here really love.
Versatile, comfortable neck
The rounded “C” profile mahogany neck on the Epiphone J-45 features an ultra-comfortable 24-3/4-inch scale that brings out a springy action in the strings, as well as a warm overall tone. Its sound projection and unique action make the J-45 neck ideal for both flatpicking and fingerpicking, especially for folk, country, and bluegrass. But for the rockers out there, the Epiphone J-45 also delivers plenty of punch for more aggressive styles.
Stellar amplified tone
The Fishman Sonicore pickup in this outstanding acoustic features an under-saddle piezo wired to translate the tone of the Epiphone J-45 in a pure fashion. A soundhole-mounted Fishman Presys II preamp with rotary controls for Volume, Bass, and Treble, along with anda phase witch and a built-in tuner gives you incredibly easy, quick access to tweaking your tone.
Epiphone Gibson J-45 Acoustic Guitar Features:
- Classic dreadnought designed for vintage tone, playability, and visual delight
- Solid Sitka spruce top with solid mahogany back and sides for balanced, robust low end and rugged midrange
- Mahogany neck with Indian laurel fingerboard is instantly comfortable and responsive
- Ultra-comfortable 24-3/4-inch scale that brings out a springy action in the strings, as well as a warm overall tone
- Smooth cutaway offers incredible access to those higher notes up the neck
- Onboard Fishman electronics deliver pristine amplified acoustic tone
- Aged gloss finish over signature muted gold center and dark brown fade for instantly recognizable top