Gibson SG Standard Faded 61s w/ Maestro Vibrola In Vintage Cherry Satin w/ Case
The SG Standard has been a mainstay in the Gibson catalogue since it's inception in the early '60s. It's instantly recognisable "devil horns" body shape has stood the test of time, transcending musical genres and shaping sound across generations. The SG Standard '61 Faded Maestro Vibrola returns to the classic design that first made it relevant and loved, paying tribute to Gibson's golden era of innovation.
Sporting a satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish, the SG Standard '61 Faded Maestro Vibrola has the look and feel of a well-loved vintage instrument. Built on the tried and tested foundation of a solid Mahogany body, it is dynamic and resonant with sustain for days. The Mahogany neck has a SlimTaper™ profile, adding to the vintage feel, and is topped with a silky smooth Rosewood fingerboard. At the heart of the SG is a set of double-black, open-coil 60s Burstbucker pickups, with a Burstbucker 61R in the neck and Burstbucker 61T in the bridge. A Maestro Vibrola tailpiece with iconic lyre engraving offers smooth vibrato effects and a set of vintage deluxe keystone tuners maintain the vintage look whilst delivering excellent tuning stability. Other premium appointments include an ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge, Orange Drop capacitors and a hardshell case.
Key Features :
- Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish - Nitrocellulose is a very thin, vintage-style lacquer that ages nicely over time. The satin finish gives the guitar a played-in feel, reminiscent of a vintage instrument.
- SlimTaper™ 60s-Style Neck Profile - An ergonomic neck profile, offering a vintage playing experience, ideal for both rhythms and leads.
- Burstbucker 61R & 61T Pickups - Vintage sounding, PAF-style pickups that offer plenty of clarity and dynamics, responding to your touch and playing style. They come alive when you start adding gain whilst maintaining an airiness with lots of detail.
- ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic Bridge - Synonymous with Gibson guitars, the ABR-1 offers excellent tuning stability and intonation whilst maximising the transfer of sound energy to the pickups.
- Maestro Vibrola Tailpiece - Offers plenty of vintage warbles and vibrato effects and sports a classy engraving of a lyre.
- Hardshell Case - Provides top-notch protection against bumps and dings when it's time to hit the road!
- Body Shape: SG
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Binding: Single Ply Cream, Fretboard
- Finish: Satin Nitrocellulose
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: SlimTaper
- Scale Length: 24.75" (628.65mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Nut Material: Graph Tech
- Nut Width: 1.69" (43mm)
- Inlays: Acrylic Trapezoid
- Finish: Satin Nitrocellulose
- Finish: Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Maestro Vibrola
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Deluxe with Keystone Buttons
- Pickguard: 5-Ply Teardrop
- Control Knobs: Gold Top Hats
- Strap Buttons: 2
- Mounting Rings: Black
- Bridge Pickup: BurstBucker 61T, Double Black
- Neck Pickup: BurstBucker 61R, Double Black
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone & Toggle Switch (Hand-wired with Orange Drop
- Switching: 3-Way Switch
- Output Jack: 1/4"
- Case: Hardshell Case