Ibanez Steve Vai Signature PIA3761 in Onyx Black
Effortless playability with the fastest-playing neck in the business
One of Ibanez’s fastest necks to date, the 5-piece PIA neck on the Steve Vai PIA3761 is an absolute pleasure to play. This slim and super-comfortable neck lets you pull off lightning-fast runs and arpeggios with ease, but it still gives you the substance you need for grabbing chords when you need to. What’s more, the PIA3761 has received Ibanez's Prestige fret-end treatment. This essentially rounds off the edges of the frets, making the PIA3761's fretboard feel even more fluid. From the first time you put your hands on the PIA3761’s PIA neck, you’ll know you’ve got a guitar that was built with performance in mind.
A trio of DiMarzio UtoPIA pickups gives you massive tonal range
The HSH configuration has been a longtime favorite among tone seekers, and this preference led to the trio of killer UtoPIA pickups loaded in the Steve Vai PIA3761. The neck position humbucker is voiced for warmer, richer tone, while the bridge humbucker is a brilliant lead pickup: vibrant yet snarling with an enhanced midrange output when you push it. In between, you get a high-output single-coil that serves up traditional spank ’n’ sparkle on its own and plays nice with the humbuckers in blade positions two and four. If you’re after maximum tonal tenacity, then the PIA3761 will give your amplifier what you need.
Edge tremolo for precise tuning stability
The Steve Vai PIA3761's Edge tremolo was designed by Ibanez to give you the fast tremolo response and snap you need to pull off sharp bends and flutters. The extreme stability of this knife-edge-style trem's stud lock function is also one of the many reasons it’s a favorite among many of today's top shredders. And thanks to the Lion's Claw tremolo cavity, you can bend notes to radical extremes and back again with incredible precision.
Ibanez Steve Vai PIA3761 Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Designed in collaboration with Steve Vai for a sonically versatile guitar that performs like a pro
- Balanced-sounding alder body — the tonal basis for some of the most enduring pieces of contemporary music
- 5-piece PIA neck with Prestige fret end treatment plays incredibly fast
- DiMarzio UtoPIA pickups deliver maximum impact and power
- Edge tremolo supplies twisting, bending, and dive-bombing with reliable intonation
- Luminlay side dots let you know where you are in the dark
- Redesigned Monkey Grip handle elicits a yin-yang vibe
- Eye-catching gold hardware; PIA Blossom inlay