Marshall BluesBreaker Overdrive/Distortion Pedal
Marshall's Famous BluesBreaker Pedal Returns
Marshall's The Guv'nor distortion pedal was a resounding success in the late 1980s, attaining industry-wide acclaim for its authentic British-voiced amp-in-a-box sound. By 1992, the dust had settled, and Marshall was ready to expand its offerings. Enter the BluesBreaker, a vintage-voiced pedal that delivered the smooth, rich warmth and full character of a 1962 Bluesbreaker amplifier. Unfortunately, the original stompboxes have long been difficult — and expensive — to obtain on the used market. Well, that will no longer be a problem, as Marshall is reissuing this revered pedal to honor the company's 60th anniversary. The rebooted pedal offers a direct, one-to-one copy of the original, right down to the iconic graphics, unique enclosure design, and distinctive blue-on-black color scheme. The BluesBreaker boasts a familiar control set, with Gain, Tone, and Volume knobs, for dialing in your sound. You also get a standard footswitch and a red LED status indicator. The original BluesBreaker boxes have been seen on countless stages since their early-'90s debut, and this reissue takes everything that made the original so special and re-creates it for today's guitarist.
The return of a coveted '90s legend
The BluesBreaker reissue isn't just inspired by the original pedal, it's an exact copy of the original pedal. It includes the original's blue-on-black color scheme, the iconic "Marshall" script, and the distinctively shaped enclosure. If you missed out on the BluesBreaker the first time around, stop living in regret. Get your hands on this brand-spanking-new reissue, and revel in the classic vintage sound of a cranked '62 Bluesbreaker. From subtle, crisp sweetness to edgy, harmonic-rich grit, the BluesBreaker pedal faithfully captures the magical tone wielded by Eric Clapton in John Mayall's Bluesbreakers band.
A cranked vintage Marshall to vitalize your pedalboard
The 1962 Bluesbreaker was pure magic — absolute lightning in a bottle — and the original BluesBreaker pedal replicated its charms perfectly. Can the reissue do the same? Well, the guitarists here at Sweetwater certainly believe so. Once we plugged into the BluesBreaker, we couldn't get enough. It oozes with a tone that's smooth as molten glass and expressive as your fingertips. And, thanks to intuitive Gain, Tone, and Volume knobs, you'll find that dialing in your idealized "woman" tone is a breeze.
Marshall BluesBreaker Overdrive/Distortion Pedal Features :
- A faithful re-creation of Marshall's '90s-era amp-in-a-box distortion pedal
- Replicates the smooth, rich warmth and full character of a 1962 Bluesbreaker amplifier
- Includes the original pedal's iconic graphics, unique enclosure design, and distinctive blue-on-black color scheme
- Intuitive Gain, Tone, and Volume knobs, for dialing in your sound
- Standard footswitch with an easy-to-see red LED status indicator
- Operates on either a 9V battery or 9V DC power
Tech Specs :
- Pedal Type:Distortion, Overdrive
- Inputs:1 x 1/4"
- Outputs:1 x 1/4"
- Controls:Gain, Tone, Volume
- Features:Hand wired and assembled, Steel Chassis
- Power Source:9V DC power supply (sold separately)
- Batteries:1 x 9V
- Power Usage:5mA
- Weight:1.5 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number:M-PEDL-00100-U