Marshall DSL40CR 40W 1x12 inch Tube Combo Amp
Tap into burly Marshall tone anywhere from your bedroom to the stage, with the Marshall DSL40CR tube combo amp. With per-channel Gain and Volume controls, a dedicated Resonance control, reverb, and an effects loop, the Marshall DSL40CR is ready to gig. And with its adjustable power level, you can dial in cranked-amp tones that won't wake your neighbors — or even use the Softube speaker-emulated output for direct recording and monitoring. Marshall even refined the EQ section for extremely versatile tone shaping. From glassy cleans to bone-rattling crunch to blistering high gain, your wish is the Marshall DSL40CR's command.
A 40-watt tone beast
Marshall's DSL40CR is an all-tube, twin-channel workhorse capable of conjuring any classic Marshall sound — past or present. Four ECC83s in the preamp section (in concert with the amp's gain/master volume arrangement) give you stunning tone-shaping mojo, and with two EL34s in the engine room, you have the volume to rule any club in the world.
Sporting the same tubes (minus two EL34s) and feature set as the original DSL100, this little beast has critical upgrades that give you even more control over your sound. A Resonance control (as opposed to the original's fixed deep switch) lets you dial in your preferred amount of low-end girth. You also get studio-grade digital reverb (instead of spring), high and low power settings, and a bypassable rear-panel series effects loop. The Marshall DSL40CR even has a 2-way footswitch for channel switching and reverb on/off.
The DSL series — a revered tonal heritage
The Marshall DSL40CR tube combo amp hails from a revered lineage. Marshall introduced the JCM2000 Dual Super Lead (DSL) series amps in 1997. Right from the get-go, these all-tube monsters enjoyed enthusiastic approval by guitarists and the press alike, forming the backlines of top acts in all musical genres and bludgeoning audiences worldwide for a decade before being replaced by Marshall's JVM series (a musical powerhouse in its own right). Considered the go-to rock amp by many tone-savvy guitarists, there is considerable pent-up demand for Dual Super Leads. And thus, Marshall is proud to introduce the new-and-improved DSL series with the Marshall DSL40CR.
Softube speaker-emulated output
Marshall has teamed up with software mavens Softube to create exceptional tones in their CODE series of amplifiers, and they've joined forces again on the DSL40CR tube combo amp. Its line output features an accurate emulation of Marshall's iconic 1960 speaker cabinet, allowing you to plug directly into a recording chain with confidence. Guitarists at Sweetwater love flexible recording options, and the Marshall DSL40CR delivers.
Marshall DSL40CR Tube Combo Amp Features :
- Capable of conjuring any classic Marshall sound — past or present
- 2 channels — Classic Gain and Ultra Gain
- Each channel features two modes — Clean/Crunch and OD1/OD2, respectively
- High and low power modes allow you to dial in appropriate volume for any setting
- Line output with Softube's accurate emulation of a Marshall 1960 cab
- Highly effective Resonance control replaces the original's fixed deep switch
- Refined EQ section gives you incredible tonal flexibility
- Studio-grade digital reverb
- Bypassable rear-panel series effects loop
- Included 2-way footswitch for channel switching and reverb on/off
TECH SPECS :
- Type : Tube
- Number of Channels : 2-channel (2 modes each)
- Total Power : 40W (20W power setting)
- Speaker Size : 1 x 12" Celestion V-Type speaker
- Preamp Tubes : 4 x ECC83
- Power Tubes : 2 x EL34
- Reverb : Classic, Ultra
- EQ : 3-band EQ, Tone Shift, Resonance
- Inputs : 1 x 1/4" (instrument), 1 x 1/8" (aux in)
- Outputs : 2 x 1/4" (4 ohm), 2 x 1/4" (8 ohm), 1 x 1/4" (internal 16 ohm speaker), 1 x 1/4" (Softube emulated out)
- Effects Loop : Yes
- MIDI I/O : In
- Footswitch I/O : 1 x 1/4" (channel, effects loop)
- Footswitch Included : Yes, 2-button footswitch (optional 6-way sold separately)
- Construction Material : Black Tolex
- Power Source : Standard IEC AC cable
- Height : 19.29"
- Width : 24.4"
- Depth : 9.9"
- Weight : 50.4 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number : M-DSL40CR-U